Thursday, 12 August 2010

QS Investors LLC: a new firm!

A new firm has risen from the ashes of Deutsche Bank! Well, not exactly the ashes. Big Herb has not burned the bank down to the ground. That would be a terrible thing to do. And we're not talking about the whole bank. We're talking about Deutsche Bank's quantitative strategies group. Yes, just this little bit of Deutsche has split off to become QS Investors, and Janet Campagna is the boss. How exciting!

Reuters has more, if you're interested in what it has to say. But I don't think we can trust a news organization that employs someone like Felix Salmon. That's just my personal view. I'm sure he's a lovely guy, when he's not getting wasted on wine.

O Master, that's harsh! Why are you so horrible to Felix? He ain't never done you no harm. Actually, you're just jealous.

Oh yeah? Jealous of what?

The video of him with Gillian Tett. That interview.

I don't give a shit about the video. I've been in the astral desert with Gillian. That beats some stupid interview.

That was two months ago. Have you seen her since?

No.

Why not?

She's busy, I suppose.

Yeah, right. Probably busy hanging out with Felix in New York, in some fucking wine bar.

O my child, do you want a smack in the mouth?

I'm just a voice. You can't hit a voice.

I'll get an exorcist on the job.

You can try, mate.

Fuck off!