Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Guy Rushton has gone to Polar Capital

This one ... yeah. / Yet another Guy! Unbelievable! Where do they all come from? This guy's in love with you? I doubt it. / Anyway, this guy, this Guy Rushton, has left Legal & General Investment Management for ... a new ... er, psychedelic experience, let us say, at Polar Capital. Slight return, voodoo child? No. Nothing like that. (I'm only having a laugh. Forgive me.) Just a new range of UK absolute return funds. Oh yeah, ABSOLUTE!!! Not slight at all. And I think CEO Tim Woolley will be sending Guy into space ... or something, to manage the funds, set them up, I don't know. (In a space ...) Astral? I hope not. I tried talking to Tim on the phone. He said, honestly ... Excuse me a minute, Mikey, while I, er ... kiss the sky. Then he was gone. (I'm not serious.) I put the phone down after about a minute. But it doesn't matter. I know that one of these funds will be called the UK Absolute Equity fund. (Well, it is called.) [oh],, I know, I know, I know ... yes; ... and(!) ... that should be enough information for ... YOU(!), dear reader(s). I mean, come on, please, it's early days yet. What do you want? Aren't you happy? Come on! Oh, and, er ... don't bother, no, looking at Mr Rushton's LinkedIn profile. Please, don't! He ain't got no contacts, no nothing. It's so sad. I don't see the point ...

Well, well ... / Of course, sadly, there is no point. / Maybe ... but ... / I played my guitar for four hours yesterday. That's the point, man! And five hours the day before ... yesterday, as you know(?). Better than two, obviously. (But I may only do two ... today, because ... well, other commitments, that disgust me, frankly. Things have gotta change ...) You notice the difference, you dig? Your fingers. Actually, my fingers. And this is why I'm saying ... Guy and Tim should get involved. Tim wasn't really kissing the sky. (Just another joke.) BUT HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN! Finance is dead now. Is anyone listening? Everyone needs to get groovy, yeah? You, you ... oh yeah, YOU(!) need to get a guitar, man, a Tele or a Strat, and come a-ROUND here - no, over there, later. 'What?!' A-ROUND, yeah! Why not? And this is something I'll be exploring later, in No. 245.

...

Finally ... / The good news is, I've got a luxury egg sandwich for lunch. 60p more than the cheap egg muck, but worth it. Worth every single penny, you dig? So, excuse me ...