Wednesday 2 March 2011

Rajat Gupta charged by the SEC with insider trading

Rajat Gupta. This is a man who was on the board of Goldman Sachs. Now the SEC has charged him with insider trading. "

Gupta was honored with the highest trust of leading public companies, and he betrayed that trust by disclosing their most sensitive and valuable secrets," said Robert Khuzami, Director of the SEC's Division of Enforcement. "Directors who violate the sanctity of board room confidences for private gain will be held to account for their illegal actions." More SEC nuttiness.

It is very depressing. Who can you trust in this world? Can you trust a banker on a board? How about a starving dog in an alleyway? Can you trust the authorities? Not just on earth. The authorities anywhere!

Reader, whoever. We are alone. Can you trust yourself? There is no one else. Just me and my shadow. You and your shadow. Separate. Touch me. Look into my eyes. Yes. Yes. Yes. I almost feel better.