Monday 11 December 2017

I'm in a Christmas mood, to tell you the truth

Just random thoughts ...

Yeah, yeah, so, uh ... no finance today, dear reader(s), if you don't mind. I doubt there's much news anyway. 'There's only two weeks to go, boss, until your Christmas break.' Thank you, Voice. Yes, but I wish it were now, because I'm knackered. I need a rest. 'You do too much. All this blogging, and then playing the guitar and writing songs. And those conceptuals don't help. I'm convinced they're doing your head in, you know.' I enjoy them, man. 'Are you writing one today?' Yeah. No. 570. After lunch, and into the evening. 'Well, you certainly like to get a-ROUND, don't you?' I certainly do!

Right. I'm listening to Consider Yourself from Oliver! on repeat. I love this song!

Oh, I finished my eleventh song yesterday, reader(s). [Not eleventh song ever, silly(s)! I mean eleventh decent song that I'm saving. 'For posterity, like.' Whatever.] I reckon it might be my best song. 'Will it be on the demo?' Maybe, Voice. But it means I've got three songs to record now, and before Christmas, hopefully. I remember I ruined the 2012 Christmas holiday by trying to record My Heart, a song that has now been scrapped. 'And what happened to Gilly, Gilly, boss?' Ha! Scrapped, too. 'Gillian Tett won't like that!' Tough! I've got to be ruthless when it comes to my art, man.

Right. What else? 'Brexit?' Fuck off! Seriously. It looked like we were getting a super-soft Brexit last week, but now it's all up in the air again. I just don't want to think about it no more. END.

Okay, okay. That Lionel Bart was a character. Apparently, in the Sixties he had a big urn inside his front door full of fifty and twenty pound notes, and guests could just help themselves. 'Ha! No wonder he ended his days living above a chip shop in Acton.' Yes, but ... he still had a couple of million stashed away, by all accounts. I think that was down to Cameron Mackintosh giving him a small percentage on the revival of Oliver! ... when he didn't need to, because Bart had sold the rights to the musical, amazingly.

What's Bitcoin doing at the moment? 'That's finance, Mikey!' Yes, I know, but I'm just wondering ...

Right. Okay. Laters, yeah?