Thursday 19 November 2020

Obviously, I've got various financial PR emails ...

But it's the last post of the week, dear reader(s), and I want to write about music and fashion - if you don't mind.

Right. I made a rough recording of my new tune yesterday, with a dummy lyric. I have no idea how I wrote this thing, BUT(!) ... it's the best piece of music in popular music. Only Mozart, Beethoven, and Chopin have been able to write anything like it. I mean, not even other classical guys, you dig? 'What about Wagner, boss?' Oh, maybe. I don't know.

[It's your day off, Voice. Go away! 'Bye!']

Anyway ... the working title is Did You See? Taken from the dummy lyric, and I'll probably keep it.

I'm confident now that I can become the greatest ever songwriter with only ten songs ...

Did You See?
Nothing
This World Don't Mean a Thing
Malibu
Stella
What's This Life We Live?

Plus four more. [Cosmos help me!]

Uh.

Listen! I got no time to write hundreds of songs, man. Nobody's got no time. And it's a mug's game anyway.

I ain't no mug.

And it's a long process getting these songs. Remember I Love You ... ? I scrapped it. I resurrected it as The Sun Is Getting Higher. That became The Light Is Getting Brighter. Then I scrapped it again because too many elements of the song turned up in Did You See?

So, uh ... I suppose I do have some idea how I wrote it. You need many different bursts of inspiration.

Micro-inspirations on the Straight Line!

And looping!

[Thanks, Jordan!]

...

Okay, okay. Fashion?

Man, I love my sunglasses! They're a bit loose, but I know how to fix that. I've ordered some bits of plastic that you fit on to the earpieces. And if that doesn't work, I can take them to an optician to get them heated up and bent into shape. No problem!

Sunspel polo shirts? I'll order one or two this weekend. I want to wear a blue slate one with my Persol 714s and then take a picture of myself for my Twitter profile. Er ... not yet. Early next year, when my demo is ready.

That's about it then.

Have a nice weekend, kook(s)!

Laters!