Thursday 26 November 2020

Refinitiv: Lipper European fund flow report - October 2020

And for once!

For immediate release.

YES - !!!

I mean, I received this email at half ten, so ... 'They said immediate, boss. A few hours have passed.' Shut up, idiot!

Anyway ...

Please see attached for the October European fund flow industry report from the Lipper team at Refinitiv:

Great!

Long-term mutual funds posted net inflows for October 2020.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds in Europe in October amounted to estimated net inflows of €69.6 bn.
Equity funds (+€30.4 bn) were the best-selling individual asset type overall for October.
Equity Global (+€9.0 bn) was once again the best-selling sector among long-term funds for October.
Dedicated Follower of Fashion.
France (+€20.6 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by the U.K. (+€20.4 bn) and Ireland (+€14.4 bn).
BlackRock (+€16.0 bn) was the best-selling fund promoter in Europe for October, ahead of Aviva (+€6.2 bn) and DWS Group (+€4.6 bn).
The 10 best-selling long-term funds gathered at the share class level net inflows of €23.6 bn for October.
BlackRock ACS US Equity Tracker X1 GBP Acc (+€8.6 bn) was the best-selling individual long-term fund share class for October.
 
That's all right, ain't it? Maybe. Definitely. Oh, I don't know.

I wonder what our Detlef makes of it all ...
 
Detlef Glow, Lipper Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv, comments: "October 2020 was another positive month for the European fund industry since the promoters of mutual funds (+€69.2 bn) enjoyed inflows. Meanwhile, the market environment turned negative as the second wave of The Thing hit major markets in Europe and investors feared a second Thing lockdown-induced economic downturn. Despite these fears, investors bought into risk assets as long-term funds enjoyed estimated net inflows of €51.9 bn while money market products had estimated inflows of €17.8 bn."

'Thanks, Detlef!'

Okay, Voice. That's my job.

Thanks, Detlef!

ENDS

...

Anything else? Music?

I worked on yesterday's tune after lunch. It's nearly finished. I just need a decent ending. 'Just stop playing, boss.' You know nothing about it.

[I'm not taking songwriting tips from him.]

It's a good four-minute rock song. It could be a hit single. I'll save it for a rainy day.

What else?

When I'm rich ... I might buy most of my clothes from Sunspel.

One of their Harrington jackets will set me back £300 or so. Ha!

You can get a Ben Sherman one for £100, and they're a top brand.

So ...

'Are you going to get one then?'

My leather jacket is all right for now.

Okay. Have a nice weekend, dear reader(s).

'Laters!'

Laters.