Thursday 2 May 2024

Thunderstorm, and poetry

Yeah, I had to get up at four this morning to deal with a massive thunderstorm. Christ. My life, eh?

'You dealt with a massive thunderstorm?!'

Yes, Voice. I dealt with it.

'Bloody hell! You're amazing, Mikey!'

Tell me about it!

Anyway ...

Poetry!

Please, please ...

Can everyone - can the whole world, like ... leave me alone this weekend??? I want to write my rough draft of the VERY BIG POEM.

I'm aiming for somewhere between 2,600 and 2,800 words ...

'2,700!'

Ha! Maybe.

And, listen, kooks ... it's going to be very rough.

'Oh dear.'

Shut up.

I reckon I'll have to spend at least six months on this poem ...

However, I will spend a year if I have to. I will spend two years if I have to.

And I've decided: I'm not going to scrap it. I'm not going to break it, cut it ... into smaller poems. I'm just going to write the greatest poem ever. That's it.

'Go for it!'

The time is right. I don't need to build up to such a poem. I'm 55, man. I've written over a million and a half words. The time is NOW.

Besides -

'Your BIG POEM was a build up.'

Yes, thank you, Voice. I was just going to say that.

'Great minds think alike!'

Whatever.

Listen, my kooks ... all I've got to do ... is write a poem that is four times longer than the BIG POEM ... ... ... Are you listening??? ... ... ... with the same quality, the same concentration, and the same polish.

You dig?

'I dig!'

Nice one.

Laters.

'Bye!'

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS