Wednesday 2 May 2007

Exchange Square: financial shamans put on a show

Last night at Exchange Square in the City of London financial shamans from the Chaos College of Finance put on a wonderful show. Speaking afterwards, Arthur Simmons - founder of the college - said, 'There was a full moon tonight which was just perfect for us. I don't think the City has ever seen anything like this.'

I have to admit it was amazing. Eight students from the college danced beneath the moon and prayed to Big Herb the money god - yes, since his death a little while ago Big Herb has indeed become a god.

Onlooker Claire Roberts was in awe, 'It was really brilliant, and I loved their costumes. I hope this sort of thing happens more often. The City needs fun events like this, although I understand there is a serious side to it as well.'