Wednesday 3 January 2018

Archview Investment Group is shutting down

Yes, yes, uh ... it's a hedge fund, into distressed debt, apparently, but now it's shutting down, apparently. So ... I'd much rather write about a hedge fund that is starting up, but you take what news you can get in early January. 'Why is Archview shutting, boss?' I don't think they could get enough AUM. 'Christ!' I know. Who cares about AUM, anyway? Some people are obsessed with AUM, like Man Group. 'I can take it or leave it, me.' Me as well, Voice. Forget about AUM, everyone! And get a life!

Launched in 2009, Archview Investment Group LP is an institutional alternative investment firm focused on event-driven credit opportunities within the capital structures of stressed, distressed and out of favor companies. Founding Principals, Jeff Jacob and John Humphrey, have invested, managed risk and built businesses together since 1995.

Oh, well. Never mind. I'm sure Jeff and John will be okay. Actually, Jeff is joining Marathon Asset Management, where he'll be co-managing some opportunistic credit strategies thing. 'Oh. That's nice for him. What about John?' I don't know what John's doing, to be honest with you. If he's got any sense, he'll get out of finance. There are much better things he could be doing 'Like what, boss?' Like, Voice, playing guitar. I played my guitar for five hours and twenty minutes yesterday. 'Is that a record for you?' No, I wasn't playing on a record, son. However, it's the second most amount of time - if that makes any sense - that I've ever played in a day. I once did six hours.

Obviously, I'm not talking about my music any more, dear reader(s). This is a finance blog, believe it or not. Forget you ever read the last paragraph. 'Not all of it!' No, don't forget the bit about Jeff and John. I mean, the guitar stuff, you dig? I'm supposed to be making a fresh start in all areas of my life. 'Ha!' Exactly.

...

Anything else? Ah, well there's this!!! Enjoy, rocket fan(s)! Laters!