Wednesday 31 October 2018

Just music

Yeah, just music tonight. There will be finance tomorrow. But not tonight. Just music tonight, you dig?

Right. I've been thinking about my new demo again. I was going to put my four best BIG(!) songs on it, but I'm thinking now it would be better to go with three big ones and a smaller rock song, Round the Bend. / Various reasons for that. Firstly, I was watching a YouTube clip earlier of the original members of Oasis talking about Live Forever and its impact. I don't need FOUR(!) songs like that on a freakin' demo, man. Secondly, people should see that I can write decent short songs as well. I mean, for a bit of variety. Thirdly, it would be a smart move to hold back one of most impressive songs for any future album. / So, the demo will probably look like this -

This World Don't Mean a Thing
Nothing
Round the Bend
Malibu

This World Don't Mean a Thing, a pop/rock ballad, will be in first place (on my music blog) because it's my most commercial song, and a "banger" - in the parlance of our times. [Thanks, Dude. Lebowski.] / Nothing is my best song, and the greatest song ever written, as far as I'm concerned. [Yeah, yeah, it's all subjective, man, I know, but that's the way I feel about it. And you've got to believe in yourself, you dig?] / Round the Bend could be a classic three-minute rock song. I reckon the first verse lyric of eight lines is the coolest ever. [The coolest two lines are still Bowie's It's not the side effects of the cocaine, I'm thinking that it must be love.] / Malibu is my most recent song and another big pop/rock ballad.

I'm still rehearsing. I'm hoping to be ready for January. That will be three years after the first demo.

...

Okay, okay. Let's put something on! Station to Station, the song, for starters. Just the exciting second half. It beats me why people praise absolute gash like Bohemian Rhapsody, when a song like this is not known much outside of Bowie fans.

What next? Ha! Halloween by Japan.

And ...

Troublesome 96. 2Pac.

Once in a Lifetime. Talking Heads.

We Will. Gilbert O'Sullivan.

Small Town Boy. Bronski Beat.

Nice Dream. Radiohead.

Live Forever. Oasis.

Gimme Shelter. The Rolling Stones.

Pop Life. Prince.

If You Could Read My Mind. Gordon Lightfoot.

She's My Best Friend. Lou Reed.

Master Blaster (Jammin'). Stevie Wonder.

Superstar. Carpenters.

And, finally ... Round the Bend by Michael Fowke. [I made a successful recording of it in November 2016.]

Later(s), pop/rock fan(s)!