Monday 11 October 2021

***NO FINANCE MONDAY***

Ha, ha, ha!

Yes, it's NO FINANCE MONDAY. So deal with it!

Man, it's actually something to celebrate, when you think about it. But don't think too hard, will you? 'Who says it's No Finance Monday, boss?' I do, Voice. Soon to be followed by ...

NO FINANCE TUESDAY

and ...

NO FINANCE WEDNESDAY

and ...

NO FINANCE THURSDAY

So there!

'What about Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?' Those are days of rest, you little idiot!

I can't get the staff,

Truth be told, I don't want the staff.

'Are you turning this into a music blog?' Maybe. 'A motivational blog?' Maybe. 'A fashion blog?' Maybe. 'A fitness blog?' Maybe.

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE - !!!

Ha, ha, ha!

Maybe I'll do a PR email tomorrow ... if I feel like it. 'About what?' Finance. 'Oh.' Yeah.

Yeah, yeah.

Never mind.

...

Music?

Man, I remember reading years ago - I don't know if it's true, but it probably is - that Bryan Ferry taught himself the piano in ten days when he was twenty-six, and by the time he was twenty-seven he had a recording contract with Roxy Music.

Could I have done something like that?

The short answer is ... No.

It's nice to have fantasies, but the short answer has got to be ... No.

'What's the long answer, boss?'

Well ... Christ!

Okay, okay. The music business is different now, and I was forty-one when I started. Now, I'm fifty-two. There's no way I can get a deal without my BIG TEN of songs to match the BIG TENs of Beatles, Oasis, and U2. Such songs guarantee a great career regardless of your age or the business, you dig? Ferry didn't have songs like that in the early Seventies, and he still doesn't. / Then there's my voice ... 'Me?!' Ha! No, not you. My singing voice. 'Oh.' It's taken me years to get it ready. And then there's playing the guitar, and, uh ... sorting my mindset out. 'Nightmare, boss.' Yeah. I mean, things are easier now, but ... 2012, 2013 ... 2015, 2016 ... it was like wading through treacle. 'A true nightmare, boss.' Yes, Voice. / Why didn't I give up?*

So let's not have any fantasies.

Listen! I only need one more big tune for my BIG TEN. The cosmos offered me a selection of tunes before I woke up this morning, but I rejected all of them. Am I becoming too fussy? No, I don't think so.

Let's get this right! Do you know what I mean? Just one tune, but it's got to be a good one. A great one!

Later(s), pop tart(s)!


*I didn't give up because it would have meant a watery grave in St Ives. And that could still happen! I'm not taking anything for granted.