Thursday 14 March 2024

Poetry, poetry, poetry

Christ!

Man, this is a finance blog that will soon be over, but you want to know all about poetry, don't ya, kook(s)?

These people ...

Well, I'm going to be more secretive about my poetry from now on. I mean, more secretive than I was about my music.

'Why, Mikey?!'

Oh, hello, Voice.

'Why, Mikey?!'

Because, because ... poetry is more serious, the stakes are higher, it ain't just popular entertainment, and ...

[drum roll]

... I got some great ideas, some great plans.

'Oh, okay.'

Anyway, I've scrapped a few more poems.

'Why, Mikey?!'

Voice! Because they don't fit in with my new ideas, my developing plans, you dig?

'Oh, okay.'

But I've started a new free verse poem. I wrote seventeen lines yesterday. I've also got seven or eight lines of another poem, and -

'Have you still got those six lines of blankness?'

Yes, I've still got those. So, I'm working on three poems at the moment.

'What about the cliffs, the beaches?'

I don't know yet, Voice. I don't know what will happen. All I can tell you and the readers is ...

I shall never surrender!

'Nice one!'

Yeah.

Oh, man. Listen! I bought an ebook from Picador. One Thousand Nights and Counting. The selected poems of Glyn Maxwell. There's no apostrophes! There's no apostrophes anywhere in the book! What's that all about?!

'Avant-garde literature, ain't it?'

No, it's not. It really isn't.

'Shame.'

Never mind.

Some you win, some you lose.

I've bought some good ebooks. Some of them very cheap. Like a decent edition of Ulysses for only 49p.

Anyway ...

Laters!

'Bye!'

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS