Wednesday 11 May 2016

Avinash Abraham will be launching his own hedge fund later this year

Well, well ... / Ah, you might be wondering, dear reader(s), who this Avinash Abraham actually is. Ha! I'm wondering myself. I mean, I don't know too much about him. I know that he recently left Balyasny Asset Management, where he was the big Asia head. And he's based in Hong Kong, I think. [Also, he was a fund manager and partner at Citadel. Oh, years ago now.]

BAM! BAM! BAM! 'Eh? Bloody hell! What's going on?!' That woke you up, didn't it? / Balyasny Asset Management L.P. (BAM) founded in 2001, is an institutional investment firm dedicated to delivering consistent, uncorrelated absolute returns in all market environments.

'Yes, that's nice, boss. BAM! But what about the hedge fund? What is it called?' Ha! Obviously, Voice, the hedge fund doesn't have a name yet. 'Okay.' It will have a name, in time. We all know how difficult it is to find the right name. 'Nonsense! Abraham Capital will do.' That's not bad, Voice. Well done! 'Thanks, boss. Hopefully, the cheque will be in the post today.' What cheque? 'Well, I presume Mr Abraham will be paying me for naming his fund, yeah?' Ha! I doubt it, man! I doubt it very much. Besides, you don't even have a bank account. 'Damn! It will have to be cash then.' Yeah, keep dreaming.

What a character my intern is! Eh, reader(s)?

...

Anyway ... / Anything else? Music? My music? I'm not writing about my music any more. This is supposed to be a finance blog, for Christ's sake! 'Oh, go on, Mikey.' All right. I might ... have a title for my new tune. 'At last!' The problem though, is that it's a bit bland and generic, and there are other songs with the same title. 'Oh dear!' Don't worry about it, Voice. The stadium sing-along nature of my tune demands such a title, so ... I think that as long as I make a great job of the rest of the lyric, everything will be okay. 'Are you sure?' Please, trust my judgement, man. [No, I'm not sure. Jesus!] Sometimes, you just have to make these difficult decisions, you dig? 'Yeah, I suppose.' Of course, Noel Gallagher wouldn't give a toss ...