Monday 16 May 2016

Nanolytics Capital Advisors - ?!

Right, I'm not sure what's going on here, dear reader(s), but I promise you I will get to the bottom of it. 'Ha!'

Marex Spectron, the global commodities broker, has launched Nanolytics Capital Advisors, a business focused on developing alternative investment products based on Marex Spectron's award-winning Nanolytics models.

Nano ... Nanolytics models? What on earth are they?! 'It sounds technical, boss, not mystical. Something to do with computers, no doubt. I would give this story a wide berth if I were you.' Well, Voice, I'm stuck with it now. / Marex Spectron?

We are a leading global commodities broker: a provider of access to, and intelligence on, markets for agricultural products, metals and energy. Whatever your strategy and however you want to trade, Marex Spectron can help.

Okay. Nice. Of course. A commodities broker. What does this Nano thing do, then?

Nanolytics was initially developed to meet the challenges in commodity markets that arose from the growth of High Frequency Trading ("HFT"). Utilising Marex Spectron's institutional-scale infrastructure and systems, Nanolytics algorithms process billions of publically-available data points, covering multiple commodity markets, to exclude the effect of HFT trades and deliver insights into the underlying demand-supply balances that signals likely future price movements ("alpha signals").

Okay, well ... I'm none the wiser. 'Don't you wish you knew more about this stuff, boss?' No. No, I don't. Frankly, it's at times like this that I wish I were back in the desert, in my cave, one blanket. No worries, you dig? Just me and the ghosts, under a red moon. 'Ha! Those days are gone, man.' Tell me about it ...

Er, obviously, I wish Marex Spectron all the best with its new ... venture. I'm sure they know what they're doing. They're probably experts or something.

...

Anything else? Not really. / I'm thinking of Cornwall again. The most mystical place on earth. I'm stuck in London, man. Can you believe it? One day, I'll get away for good.

Music? I've been listening to Neil Young's Ramada Inn (from 2012!!!). I love The Stone Roses, but Neil Young was making great music about twenty years before them and about twenty years after them. Do you know what I mean?