Tuesday 24 May 2016

Paul Tudor Jones is cutting fees in his flagship hedge fund!

That's good news, eh? Is it the BVI one? I don't know. Maybe. It doesn't matter. Investors will be happy. Fees are going from 27 per cent to 25 per cent, and from 2.75 per cent to 2.25 per cent. I mean, I should think. 'Boss, you're not making any sense!' Paul Tudor Jones is cutting fees, man, with his Tudor Investment Corporation. That's the news.

The Tudor group of companies ("Tudor Group") is a group of affiliated entities engaged in the management of client and proprietary assets. Paul Tudor Jones II formed Tudor Investment Corporation, the first of the Tudor Group companies, in 1980. The Tudor Group manages assets across fixed income, currency, equity and commodity asset classes and related derivative instruments in the global markets for an international clientele. The investment strategies of the Tudor Group include, among others, discretionary global macro, quantitative global macro (managed futures), quantitative equity systems and discretionary equity long/short.

You see? There's a whole group! 'Yes, we know about the firm, or the group, whatever. But you haven't explained the cuts properly. Which one is the management fee? Which one is the profits?' Well, if you don't know, Voice, you're an amateur, and I don't even want to talk to you about it. 'Oh, right.' My readers will know. 'Great!' Why are you getting so upset? 'It's just very slapdash, that's all.' I’ve got things on my mind, yeah? Things more important that anything this Paul Tudor Jones is doing.

Jesus [save me]! And I haven't even written about this Paul guy much. I don't know why not. He's pretty famous, ain't he? 'Tony Robbins is his life coach, do you know that?' Yes, I know. 'Oh.' He's been advising him for years. It's why Mr Jones - 'Er, Mr Tudor' - Mr Tudor Jones is so successful. 'Tony Robbins has been running his funds then?' No, he hasn't! You don't understand anything. You should shut your mouth. 'I don't have a mouth!' Tony Robbins gets people into a peak state so they can do things for themselves. 'So, he's a shaman?' Well, I ...

Jesus H. Christ!!! Uh, never mind, reader(s). Just never mind, all right? What does it matter? 'It doesn't matter, Mikey.' I wish I had stayed in bed this morning. You can't explain anything to anyone. [It's not just disembodied voices from the astral plane.] People only understand what they want to understand - and in their own way. It's why the world is such a mess, and why we have such awful politicians. It's also why we have such awful voters. / However, I'm not discussing politics. I ain't soulless enough, you dig?

...

Music! What am I listening to? 'You haven't put anything on yet!' No, give me a second. [A second passes.] 'Bleach by Nirvana! When did you buy this?' The other day. About a Girl is a cool song.

My music? I probably won't record my new song until the weekend. I want to get myself into a peak state first.