Wednesday 1 November 2017

Russ Oxley goes to Cameron Hume!

Okay, okay. Russ Oxley. Russ Oxley. Russ - 'Don't say his name three times, boss!' Ha! Don't be silly, Voice. Halloween is over. 'Okay. What's the problem then?' Well, I'm just thinking, Russ Oxley. Where have I heard that name before? 'You've written about him before.' Have I?! 'Yeah. Years ago. Look -'

This is exciting, I think. (I'm not sure.) / Ignis has got its first hedge fund! 'It was getting tired of the long-only shit, wasn't it?' Yeah. / So ... it's got itself a hedge fund. The first of four, apparently. 'Fucking hell! They're really pushing the boat out. What's it called, Mikey?' The Global Macro Government Bond fund. 'Nice. Shame about the macro stuff, but nice.' Guess who's managing it, Voice. 'Who?' Russ Oxley. 'Who the hell is Russ Oxley?!' I have no idea, but I'll be writing a conceptual post about him later. 'Why?! You don't even know the guy.' It'll be a chance to get to know him, won't it?

Bloody hell! And I did a conceptual on him, too! You know, dear reader(s), I can't remember half these guys. 'There are so many of them, boss.' / Anyway, I've done a bit of research in, uh, the last few minutes, like, and this is from Cameron Hume's website -

Russ Oxley will work with the firm on a consultancy contract agreed with his Edinburgh-based management company Avrox Investment Solutions.

Oxley was previously Head of Fixed Income Absolute Return at Old Mutual Global Investors. He joined from Ignis Asset Management where his team managed more than £4billion of assets for its Absolute Return Government Bond fund as well as substantial assets in LDI and other rates mandates.

His role will be to develop strategic investment ideas as part of Cameron Hume's investment team.

He said: "I'm delighted to be joining Cameron Hume at such an exciting stage in their evolution."


And our Russ is delighted, which is always a good sign. 'Ha! Imagine if he were disgusted, boss.' Well, it wouldn't work then, would it? If the relationship breaks down before you even enter the office, then there's no hope. In fact, you would have to question why you were making the move to the new firm at all. Insanity! 'Yeah, but that's not happening in this case, is it?' Of course not, Voice. Russ is delighted. And I'm pretty sure Guy Cameron and Christian Torkington are delighted as well. 'Who are they, for the love of Christ?!' Ha! The founders, man. 'Oh. / And what about this "Hume" character, if he exists?' I have absolutely no idea, I'm afraid.

I don't know, and I don't want to know. Ignorance is bliss.

...

Anything else? Brexit? I don't know, and I don't want to know. Brexit is probably an even worse disaster than it was this time last week, but I don't care. I'll be living in Malibu soon. 'Ha! Trump, Mikey. Don't forget Trump.' Ha! I haven't forgotten him, son. He won't be president for long.

Anyway, laters, yeah?