Tuesday 11 February 2020

Capital change

Uh. What is it? I have absolutely no idea. 'I know.' Ha, ha, ha! No you don't, Voice. 'Yes I do, boss.' Come on then, what is it? 'A capital change is when there's a modification to a company's capital structure with, uh ... equity and debt.' Right. Okay. 'Ha!' Shut up, idiot!

I can get the staff, dear reader(s). Oh, I can! I just hate them, that's all.

Anyway ...

The Datawords Group announces today its capital change to support the company's strong international growth strategy. Keensight Capital, one of the leading European Growth Buyout firms, replaces Cathay Capital as majority shareholder of Datawords, alongside the founders' team.

Er ... today? Yesterday, I think. When did I receive this PR email, Voice? 'I don't know.' It was yesterday.

The Datawords Group has a history of rapid expansion over the last five years, its turnover rose from €30 to €70 million (at the end of 2019) and the number of employees doubled to reach 800 people.

Okay, okay. I'm going straight to the voices now because ... I really want to write about motivation, not finance.

Come on, Stanislas! Do your thing!

Stanislas de Nervo, Co-founder and CEO of Datawords, comments: "Datawords will celebrate its 20th anniversary next June with the opening of a new chapter. The last five years were truly transformative for us as we built a unique platform on three continents, integrated and developed new expertise and attracted new talents. Cathay Capital will always hold an important place in our history for having twice supported us as a shareholder in the creation of a truly international Group. We are delighted to enter this new phase of our history with Keensight, building on the relationship of trust we have enjoyed since 2015."

Great! And I'm glad you're delighted, son. A lot of people in your position would be pleased. 'Or even very pleased.' Yes.

Philippe Crochet, Managing Partner of Keensight, said: "We are very pleased to continue and to deepen our collaboration with the co-founders of Datawords and the talented multicultural team they have built up and with whom we are very familiar. The unrivalled quality of service offering of Datawords, which is a world leader in its sector, coupled with the ability of its managers to generate double-digit growth every year for the past 20 years have convinced us to invest a majority stake in this great entrepreneurial adventure. We intend to leverage our extensive expertise in the IT sector to support the Group in successfully stepping up to the AI challenge internationally."

Okay, Philippe. Whatever.

Come on, Edouard! I'm sure you can do better than both of them ...

Edouard Moinet, Co-founder and Managing Partner at Cathay Capital, says: "By meeting an unmet demand and combining technological expertise and cultural understanding to facilitate the international deployment of content, Datawords has succeeded in creating a new agency model. We are proud to have supported Datawords during this transformative phase by carrying out several build-ups and accelerating its development in Europe, North America and Asia. We are pleased to pass the torch to Keensight to pursue Datawords' internationalization and growth momentum."

Superb! The man is "proud" and "pleased".  I mean ... 'You rarely see that these days, boss.' I know! Amazing!

Of course, they say "we" all the time. We are pleased. We are delighted. But ... we, uh, I ... don't really know how all the other people in their organizations are feeling. 'I bet they've got one or two miserable bastards, boss.' Yes. Every company has those.

ENDS - !!!

...

Anything else? Motivation? Why not?! Come on! / Okay, okay. Kook(s)! If you make Elon your only companion in life, and you listen to the Vance/Musk audiobook for five or six hours a day ... it forces you to become a "high-performance individual", as Dan Pena would say, or ... you have to live in shame. Personally, I don't want to live in shame, you dig? So, I had a really good day yesterday. I was mostly, see below hardcore from 5.30am to 10.00pm. / One thing I realized though, yesterday, uh ... I really need to get my world-beater number from five to ten. I mean, I like to tell myself that I'm the greatest songwriter, as an affirmation, fake it till you make it, and all that, yes, BUT(!) ... ten would make it true, man. A high-performance person, or whatever, should be pushing for ten. And my demo? Yeah, yeah. Oh, I'm getting close.

This is my way ... now, forever. Do you understand? No backing down! And when things go wrong? I watch the final scene of Trees Lounge as a punishment. (I've got the film on my phone.) It's bloody horrible, and it works! I had to watch it once yesterday, after falling asleep when I shouldn't have done.

Laters!