Tuesday 4 February 2020

European passive funds?

I just hope they're not aggressive. That's all I hope, dear reader(s). 'What's this, boss? Aggressive funds?!' No, no. They're not aggressive, Voice. Well ... I hope they're not, you dig?

Oh, it's a PR email, from the Lipper team at Refinitiv. 'I love those guys!' Ha! So do I. So do I. / Anyway ...

The European fund industry faced estimated net inflows in 2019 after a rough 2018, with net outflows of €129.2 bn.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds in Europe amounted to estimated net inflows of €303.9 bn for 2019.
Come Together.
Bond funds (+€257.0 bn) were the best-selling individual asset type overall for 2019. 
Equity Global (+€26.5 bn) was the best-selling sector among long-term funds for 2019.
BlackRock, with net sales of €79.4 bn, was the best-selling fund promoter for the year 2019 overall, well ahead of PIMCO (+€39.6 bn) and Vanguard Group (+€28.9 bn).
The European fund market increased by 142 funds over the course of 2019.

Fair enough. But what does our Detlef say?

Detlef Glow, Lipper Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv, comments: "Flows were mainly driven by discussions about a possible positive outcome in the trade war between the U.S. and China, Brexit developments, the ongoing low interest rate environment, and U.S. rate cuts which resulted in another positive year for the European fund industry. That said, the flows within equity funds were surprising. Even as the general environment was positive, some fund promoters witnessed heavy outflows, with investors getting more selective. The European fund industry also experienced further mergers and acquisitions on the asset manager side and in the service provider segment."

Thanks, man!

ENDS

...

Anything else? Tesla? Well, yeah ... Tesla is doing great. The stock was up 20 percent yesterday. In one day! I suppose certain characters won't be talking (and writing) about it though. [Not in a positive manner, anyway.] 'Why not, boss?' Because they hate our Elon. 'Really?' Well, it would be more accurate to say that they hate success. 'Oh dear.' Yes, Voice, it's a real shame. But some people are like that.

It's all mindset, you dig? / Now, dear reader(s), if you're one of those wretched souls, you need to chant the following ...

Elon's success doesn't make me feel bad about myself.

Elon's success doesn't make me feel small and insignificant.

Elon's success doesn't stop me from becoming successful.

Do it now! Do it every day! Just thirty minutes a day. Maybe you'll start to feel better about your life.

I won't hold my breath.

...

What else? Music? My music? Uh, I'll be doing a conceptual later, so no recording tonight. I might start again from tomorrow night.

I've been rehearsing Nothing a lot. You want to know why I'm not jealous of Elon? That song is the reason. One of the reasons.

Sure, I've been struggling with performance, BUT(!) ... it's all about the struggle, you dig? That's life - if you're living right. / Remember when Elon was struggling, and sleeping on the factory floor at Tesla? Remember the glee with which certain people wrote of Tesla's imminent collapse?

Stay hard, my friend(s)!

Laters!