Monday 29 June 2020

What's OpenFin?!

"I fear the gods, gentlemen." Christopher Walken.

OpenFin? I have no idea. 'Quant Insight has launched on it, boss.' I know, Voice, I know. 'From that PR email.' I know, I know. Christ.

London, New York, 25 June, 2020: Quant Insight (Qi), the macro data analytics firm that applies innovative quantitative techniques to financial markets, today announced the firm has launched their desktop application on OpenFin, the operating system of finance.

Oh, it's the operating system of finance.

The collaboration enables the seamless deployment of Qi's quantitative macro analytics on OpenFin's OS, giving end-users a simple, comprehensive macro solution to aid their strategy, via an integrated API and an enhanced user experience dashboard. This will allow users to identify investment opportunities and manage risk, whether they are bottom-up or top-down in approach.

Oh, okay. 'But what does Mahmood say? What does Adam say?' Give me a moment. Er ... 'Come on then, boss.' I want to talk about that film I bought first, Voice. You know, for my phone. 'What?!' Julius Caesar, starring Jeremy Sisto, Richard Harris, and Christopher Walken. 'We can do this afterwards, in the Anything Else? section.' No! I'm doing it now. Mahmood and Adam won't mind. 'Okay.' Well, it's a good film. 'Yes. And?' It's just a good film. Listen! I don't want to write about finance no more. 'Jesus H. - !!! Just do the voices. Come on!' All right ...

Mahmood Noorani, Founder and CEO of Quant Insight, says: "Making Qi available through the OpenFin ecosystem will allow us to efficiently deliver continuous quant macro data to users without large overheads. Our customers including wealth managers, hedge funds, pension funds will benefit from the enhanced user experience and ease of access to complement their daily decision making and workflow processes."

Right. Thanks, Mahmood.

Adam Toms, CEO OpenFin Europe, adds: "We are excited to welcome Quant Insight to our ever increasing universe of customers, making their macro analysis available to the OpenFin ecosystem. Understanding what is driving asset prices is crucial for all fund managers evaluating investment decisions; the OpenFin community can now benefit from easy access to Qi's macro analytics across multiple asset classes."

Okay, okay. Universe of customers. That's great.

ENDS

...

Anything else? Well, there's a scene in that film, during The Siege of Alesia, where Caesar receives the news that his daughter has just died in childbirth. He sobs for a minute, and then he turns to Mark Antony and says, "We take Alesia in the morning."

That's the control I have now, kook(s), over my emotions, like, thanks to that hypnosis download. 'I don't believe it, boss.' It's true, Voice. I'm serious. It's done wonders for me. I'm a new sha/man.

Music? July and August. I must get the new songs I want. I absolutely must. Ten great songs to match that list I made of thirteen Beatles songs would make me ... untouchable! Remember, I'm just one guy, one songwriter, not three. 'But you have an unfair advantage, Mikey, with your Caesarian personality, and your hypnotic self-control.' Ha, ha, ha! Paul McCartney will have to take it up with the gods.

Laters!