Wednesday 9 March 2022

Refinitiv Lipper: European ETF industry review 2021

Well, okay. That's fair enough, I suppose.

For immediate release

Ha! Dream on!

Anyway ...

The European ETF industry hit new record assets under management and flows.
ETF promoters in Europe experienced estimated net inflows of €161.0 bn for 2021.
Assets under management in the European ETF industry stood at €1,330.2 bn) at the end of December 2021.
6.18% of the assets under management were invested in ESG-related ETFs.
Equity ETFs (+€114.3 bn) posted the highest estimated net inflows in the European ETF industry for 2021.
The best-selling Lipper global classification for March was Equity Global (+€34.8 bn), followed by Equity US (+€34.8 bn) and Equity Emerging Markets Global (+€8.1 bn).
iShares was the best-selling ETF promoter in Europe for 2021 (+€69.4 bn), ahead of Xtrackers (+€180 bn) and Amundi ETF (+€11.3 bn).
Only 11 of the 48 ETF promoters in Europe offered ESG-related products.

Yeah, I had to edit out the bullet points again, to get the old style, like. I don't blame Detlef. I blame Nsikan. I'm sure he's a great guy and everything, BUT(!) ... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Never mind.

Here's Detlef with his peerless analysis -

'Yippee!'

Calm down.

Detlef Glow, Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv Lipper, comments: "European investors were generally in a risk-on mode over the course of 2021 which could be seen by the fact that equity funds were the best-selling asset type overall. In fact, 2021 was a superb year for the European fund industry as the promoters of mutual funds and ETFs enjoyed record inflows (€724.1 bn) over the course of 2021. These inflows come despite the unclear economic situation caused by the ongoing The Thing, disruptions in the delivery chains of some industry sectors, and steadily rising inflation.

"That said, it is remarkable that 2021 was the second year in a row during a global crisis in which the European fund industry enjoyed record inflows. These strong inflows are somewhat surprising since companies and investors had to weather the uncertainty and impacts caused by The Thing, which should have led under normal circumstances to more cautious behaviour from investors. Therefore, it can be assumed that the massive financial and fiscal actions taken by governments and central banks around the globe have boosted the confidence of investors to stay in a risk-on mode. Therefore, it was not surprising that the European ETF industry hit new records in this environment."

Well, all I can say is ...

ENDS

...

Anything else? Music?

You know, with all these updates ... music - and fitness and fashion ... I might have to rename my blog ... Build-A-Rock-Star.

Do you know what I mean?

I mean, my voice has definitely changed. [Not you, Voice.] 'Yeah, you've told us, boss. All that go, go, go vocal exercise stuff you found on YouTube.' Yes, Voice. But I'm talking about my talking voice. I really sound different in conversation. It's weird.

I tell you, kook(s) ... anyone who knew me a few years ago, would just pass me in the street now without recognizing me.

But I'm not complaining. It's the way I've chosen to be. You dig?

Anyway ... that tune from the other week didn't work out. I don't mind. I really wanted another ballad like Shady, Dodgy, Shifty, not a rocker. So, yeah, yeah ... I need another tune.

I'm not in the mood for writing the lyric to Life and Death. It's too depressing. And I still need to finish the lyrics for And Rain Came Down and The Future. Also depressing. 'Why, Mikey?!'

BECAUSE ... I want one more song as good as Mighty Soul and Shady, Dodgy, Shifty ... that's why!!!

It's my new obsession.

Laters.