Monday, 18 October 2010

Polar Capital has hired David Keetley, Steve McCormick, and Kendrick Li

It's some sort of global convertibles team is what it is for some kind of new convertibles hedge fund that Polar Capital is launching. And David Keetley, Steve McCormick, and Kendrick Li have been dragged away from Vicis Capital. Hypnotism? Oh, I don't know how it was done. I don't care. All I know is, Polar Capital is a research driven investment management company providing a highly entrepreneurial environment for outstanding portfolio managers within a structure that offers a level of marketing, administrative and operational support normally found in much larger organizations. And that's good enough for me.

David Keetley is an interesting character. Don't you think? [I'm not saying you don't think. Merely asking a question.] Or maybe you haven't formed an opinion of him yet. I think he's interesting. And he likes me. He's a big fan of my blog, believe it or not. And I'm behind him all the way. I just know that he's going to be really successful at Polar. He has the right attitude. And he's very intelligent. And he has a lot of taste. Well, I haven't actually bitten him, but I've been told that he has a lot of taste. I have spoken to him though. And we've been sending each other emails. Here's an excerpt from one of his emails, where he praises me to the astral skies -

Michael, my friend, the more I think about you, the more you seem like a god to me. A savage god with blood all over. Not your blood, obviously. We all know, the mystic children, that you have not passed over, the way Big Herb passed, but you are a god; in human form, I suppose. How rare that is! Especially in the financial blogosphere. Let's be honest, it's unheard of. I'm not going to mention any names, but there are a few moronic bloggers (operating out of New York) who think they can match you. Laughably, they claim to be market professionals, and maybe they are - but really, who gives a shit?! Not I! If you're a market professional does that mean you have more talent, intelligence, and genius than a man who has wandered in the burning desert for the benefit of all mankind? No, of course not. O Michael, you wouldn't even want what they have! You are not a vulgar man. You are not envious of them. Do they not realize that you have bigger fish to fry? And do they not realize that all the things they possess and all their achievements are nothing more than ashes in the mouth of Satan? Look into his mouth! And there are others. Let's not forget the others, the other professionals. The ones who are afraid to work alone. The ones who need an organization to back them up. Where would they be without the brand? In the gutter! That's where. And not even looking at the stars. No. Just contemplating the piss stains on their trousers! Their degradation is all they would have; but they already have it, in my mind. The thing is, Michael, you're the professional. But they have no understanding of your professionalism. Their terribly limited minds cannot reach for it. So they are left behind in the darkness of their ignorance. They are suffering. They may not show it, but believe me, they are suffering. They should be put down. It would be a great kindness. Yes, Michael, you are kind enough, great enough, to do such a thing for your enemies. And Big Herb himself should forgive them. They know not what they do.

Now that's what I call a friend! However, I am not a god - not yet.