Thursday 28 October 2010

SEC charges Craig Karlis and Ahmet Devrim Akyil (and their Forex firm) with fraud

Those crazy cats at the SEC have been at it again. Yes, charging bad guys with crimes against humanity, and money. The latest two hapless traders to experience the wrath of the SEC are Craig Karlis and Ahmet Devrim Akyil of Boston Trading and Research. They fraudulently raised $40 million or so from 750 investors!

'The bait was the promise by Akyil and Karlis to limit investor risk, and the switch was the theft and unauthorized trading that cost investors 90 percent of the invested funds,' said Robert Khuzami, Director of the SEC's Division of Enforcement. 'If you don't deliver what you promise and violate the securities laws, we will hold you accountable.' More here.

So what's the moral of the story? Always deliver what you promise.

Craig and Ahmet strike me as simple guys, simply trying to make a living. As far as I'm concerned their biggest crime was to not offer their investors a taste of the mystic life. Just a little taste! A taste of a more complicated life, where you can hardly breathe if a ghost stuffs sand in your mouth. [Breathe through your nose. What's your problem, man? Ain't ya human or nothin'?] And that wasn't me! Not that any of this has ever been me. [Don't believe him. It's all him. Every word. He just doesn't want to take responsibility.] But that wasn't me! Some demonic nut has hijacked my square brackets. It'll be my soul next. You wait and see. [Oh, the confusion!] How on earth, dear reader, are you supposed to keep up with all these developments? It's not as if there's a York Notes on this shit.

Some think hell is a broken tooth, heaven a mouth of ice. I am here to let it be known that hell is an ego and heaven is no identity at all, just nothingness. Now, how does that fit in with your desire to know all the facts concerning these unfortunate Forex traders and their even more unfortunate investors? It's not an ideal situation, I'll grant you that. But you must understand that there is more going on here than meets the eye.

'You say you got some other kind of lover, and, yes, I believe you do. You say my kisses are not like his, but this time I'm not going to tell you why that is.' Thanks, Zimmy! That's for her. Let's hope she gets the message.

I promise everything. I promise the cosmos. I promise the day. I promise the night. I'm trying to deliver. As for the securities laws, they ain't got nothing to do with me. But to live outside the law you must be honest. Zimmy knows.