Thursday 12 September 2019

Hell Week ... ?!

Well, well ... / Well, dear reader(s), I haven't been doing Hell Week, exactly. I mean, it can't really be done without an instructor screaming at you 24/7, BUT(!) - 'I can do that for you, boss!' Shut up, idiot!

BUT(!) ... I have been pushing myself this week harder than ever before. When I haven't been blogging, I've been playing guitar and singing.

I've been making a big effort. Very big.

...

I'm reading Can't Hurt Me for the third time.

...

My anxiety is down. Take my advice, kook(s): you need to be on a mission.

...

Oh, I was rehearsing Nothing this morning. I still think it's the greatest song written by anybody. Seriously! I have to be careful not to play it too fast, though. I get excited, man. / Listen! I've tried describing it in the past. Think of a lively Beatles song like maybe, uh ... We Can Work It Out. [Beethoven? Beatles make more sense.] Imagine it's 5.00 instead of 2.15, and then imagine that one of Shakespeare's soliloquies has been set to the tune. [I've mentioned Shakey before.] 'Ha!' Yes, yes. And, oh, of course ... imagine that it doesn't sound totally ridiculous, man. That's what it's like. Maybe. I don't know.

...

It's not a ballad. Most of the best songs are ballads, I reckon.

...

This is the last post of the week. I'll be playing some tunes in a while.

...

This post is a bit fragmented, ain't it? Never mind. I feel different, you dig?

...

A bit confused.

...

No. I'm not playing loads of tunes, or even a few. I'm in the mood for the first movement of Beethoven's Ninth. And that's all. 'Which recording, Mikey?' Don't be an idiot, idiot! 'Oh, Karajan, 1977.' Yes, Voice. Yes!

...

Later(s), alligator(s).