Thursday 19 September 2019

Music, or ... ?

Well, I don't know. I mean, this is a finance blog, dear reader(s). Do you know what I mean? It's just that ... 'Do another PR email, boss. Go on.' Well, okay.

UK wealth market to decline by 5% in 2019 and 2020 if there is a no deal Brexit, says GlobalData.

Oh no. No, no, no.

Uncertainty around Brexit and the US-China trade war resulted in a poor performance in the UK wealth market in 2018. This year, uncertainty is continuing and KPMG have recently predicted a 1.5% GDP decline in 2020 if Brexit ends in a no deal, worse than the decline in 2008. If this estimation comes to fruition, there will be a damaging fourth quarter in 2019 which will reduce the UK wealth market by up to 5% in both 2019 and 2020, forecasts GlobalData, a leading data and analytics company.

No, no, no. No, no ... NO - !!! It's too much misery, kook(s). 'It is.' And I want to be happy and carefree, you dig? I want to - 'Boss, stop him!' Who?!

Sergel Woldemichael, Wealth Management Analyst at GlobalData, comments: "The noteworthy decline in the UK wealth market, the only time the UK wealth market has posted back-to-back declines, will largely be felt in the fund and equity market. The fund market, due its larger proportion of the overall wealth mix will be a particularly big driver of the declines. Interest rates have remained low for over a decade in the UK, reducing the role of deposits as well as bonds in the nation's investment portfolio, while funds have been growing ever more attractive by comparison."

Oi! That's enough, Sergel! You're out of order, son!

...

Right. Music?

I'm playing a few tunes on my laptop ... Let It Be, Hotel California, Angels, Live Forever, Your Song ...

All the usual suspects, as it were.

Oh, another thing ... [see last post] ... that vocal exercise has improved my guitar playing. 'Don't talk absolute rot, Mikey.' I'm serious, Voice! I'm singing in a calmer and more controlled way now, and it has spread to my guitar playing. The vibe, or whatever. 'Yeah. Whatever.' Yeah, yeah. Yeah!

...

Anything else? Jesus. Er ... it's the end of the week, kook(s). Obviously, I hope you have a nice weekend and everything, BUT(!) ... there's nothing else, you dig?

Later(s), crocodile(s)!