Thursday 12 March 2020

Expert comment from Warwick Business School

Yeah, yeah. Expert comment. There's no harm in it.

It's the end of the week, so ... well, I need a rest, actually. I haven't done that lyric yet, no. Maybe I'll go out later, yes. I don't know. I might stay in. I could do the lyric at the weekend. I don't fancy recording.

Anyway ...

Dr Ivan Petrella, Associate Professor at Warwick Business School and an expert in economic policy, says:

I'm in heaven when you smile ... ?! Of course not. He says ...

"This is a timely move by the Bank of England, taking a number of preemptive measures aimed at supporting the economy in the face of the Covid-19 epidemic."

Oh, right. Finance again. That interest rate cut. And that virus.

"This includes a 50bp cut to interest rates, but more importantly, a new Term Funding Scheme with additional incentives for small businesses and countercyclical capital buffer. These actions provide liquidity and much-needed support for SMEs, which are most vulnerable to the Covid-19 shock.

"The timing, ahead of the measures expected in the 2020 Budget, gives a clear indication that UK policymakers are ready to make a coordinated effort to support the economy.

"The fact that fiscal and monetary policy will be singing the same tunes will certainly be welcomed by the markets."

Songs? Great!

Okay, okay.

ENDS

...

Anything else? Well ...

Donald Trump has changed his strategy with coronavirus. He was obviously worried about the economy faltering and affecting his re-election chances. Now he's focusing on becoming the saviour of the nation - in his mind, anyway. If America beats this pandemic, Trump will take credit for it, and enough people will be impressed to give him a landslide in November. It's pretty clever, I suppose. / Evening update: No, he hasn't done anything, really. What a mess!

The sun is shining. Spring is here!

TV? Forget about TV! I watch YouTube more these days. After ten at night, just to relax. After a hard day of slaving over a hot laptop and a hot guitar.

Good times ...? Ha!

I think it will be a smart move leaving Good Times off my demo. It doesn't fit in with the, uh ... times now. Fortunately, This World Don't Mean a Thing and Nothing really fit in, you dig?

If I don't get the new song finished soon, I could always put Malibu back on the demo. I want the new song though.

I've got to charge ahead with my plans, man ... no matter what is happening in the world. I don't want to be dead or homeless.

I don't know if Dan Pena has said anything about coronavirus. I doubt he's worried about it. The guy's crazy!

Oh, that Picasso and the art as teddy bear stuff I mentioned the other day? That's true, that is. When I was a kid, I had four teddy bears that I would put in the four corners of my bed ... to protect me from evil spirits in the night. And it worked! / My songs are my teddy bears now.