Tuesday 3 March 2020

Just random stuff, yes

Yes, yes, yes.

I'm not in the mood for finance/business, no, no, no. I have a couple of PR emails. I'll take a look at them tomorrow. And tomorrow. You dig?

...

Right. Coronavirus? For this NOT(!) to become like the Spanish flu, I reckon three things will need to happen ...

1] Individuals will have to be super careful and super responsible.

2] Companies will have to be concerned with the welfare of their employees.

3] Governments will have to care about the citizens of their countries more than they care about money and power.

What are the chances?

Or maybe we'll get lucky, and this thing will just fade away.

Let's hope we get lucky.

...

Music? I'd rather write about music than anything else, man. It's a refuge for me.

I've been thinking that the five greatest albums - according to me, like - only have one world-beater amongst all those songs. That's A Day In The Life from Sgt. Pepper. / Also, there's only one album with more than one world-beater. That's (What's The Story) Morning Glory? with Wonderwall and Don't Look Back In Anger. / Also, I think there are only sixteen world-beaters in existence. (Not including my ones, oh, my unknown ones.) / Obviously, most people don't analyse shit like this, but I don't care. I feel it gives me a competitive advantage.

My demo? I'll try recording again at the end of the week, if it's not raining.

That bloody virus is a problem though. Should I launch my demo soon, before the worst? Or later, during the worst, or after the worst? The Spanish flu lasted a long time.

I just want it to go away.

I don't want to get ill and not be able to record or launch at all.

And I'm sure most people have plans that are going to be disrupted now.

...

Right. Music again. I only want to write about music, to be honest.

Noel Gallagher says his songs are better than he is. I know what he means. It's the same situation with me. However, we're better off than all those amazing buskers with their cover versions.

I tweeted an old Beatles concert the other day. They were playing in a way that Steely Dan would find totally unacceptable.

So ... Are Steely Dan arseholes? Or are they perfectionists to be revered?

I don't know. I really don't know.