Tuesday 10 March 2020

Habits

Habits are what we need. Motivation is no good without habits, man.

I seem to have got myself in the habit of doing most of my blogging at the beginning of each week. Which is great. I don't have to think about it. I don't have to motivate myself. I just do it! Really great!

But there are bad habits. I still turn the TV on at roughly 3.30pm every day to watch repeats of Minder, The Professionals, and The Sweeney. Yes, episodes I have seen ten or more times before. Why?! I find these shows comforting, I suppose. Although I hate myself for watching them. Oh, it's really strange.

I go for a walk two times a week. Occasionally, three times. I would be better off just going to Richmond once.

I eat the same takeaway food when I should be thinking about my health.

Oh, I play the guitar for two hours a day ... on average, like. Sometimes more, sometimes less. That is a good habit. However, if I were to cut out some bad habits, I could play for ... four hours a day. Maybe.

I've got into the habit of drinking water with my meals instead of Coke. Well, most of the time.

I don't eat snacks now. Well, not much. My rock star diet is going well! I've lost a stone and a half. Over a long period, sure, but that's okay. The Rock Star Diet is a gradual thing. I designed it that way.

If I were to try recording my songs one day a week ... without fail ... I would soon have my demo.

I guess what I'm saying is: I need more good habits, and less bad habits.

I suppose lifestyle is important. I mean, if you're living like a rock star, won't you behave like one?

My lifestyle is rubbish.

Maybe I just need to record this demo any way I can, and then put it on Twitter, and then let the devil take the hindmost! If someone offers me a deal, I'll change my lifestyle. I won't have a say in the matter. I'll be forced to change. But if no one offers me a deal, I'll do NOTHING - !!!

Nothing at all.

You can't fake it until you make it being a rock star while you're living in a craphole. No, no, no. You need the right environment. I've written some of the greatest songs ever. I'll put them on Twitter soon. And the devil will take the hindmost. That is my personal guarantee.

Obviously ... personal. / Actually, I know, I know ... I shouldn't be doing personal stuff. I'm only writing this post to avoid writing about finance. That's the honest truth.

I want to go to St Ives. I want to sit on my favourite rock. I want to stare at the sea.

Listen! If the worst comes to the worst, I won't move from that rock. People will travel from miles around just to witness  it. / And then one day ... I'll just fall into the sea. What a beautiful ending!


[By the way, my new tune sounds massive! And I have a possible title for the song. I Googled it and only got two results on the whole internet! And, yes, I will be using come on, come on in the chorus again. There's no harm in it. I mean, it's only rock and roll. However, I like it.]