Wednesday 11 March 2020

Pre-budget comment

Oh, not from me! Ha! (Although I may add something.) No, it's from Michael Haston. He's the CEO of Leonne International, which is a leading private equity firm that specializes in supporting SMEs.

Yeah, it's a PR email. / Let's see what he says ...

Michael Haston, CEO, Leonne International comments:

"With a majority government and the Brexit process complete, the time has come for the Chancellor to deliver a truly radical budget that empowers UK SMEs and drives job creation. With the coronavirus causing huge disruption and ongoing trade negotiations with the EU and US, it's vital that the Chancellor gives companies the necessary support to keep the economy moving at a time of crisis.

"It's time to ensure that entrepreneurs and business leaders are given the tax incentives, resources and support they need to take our country forward. Key to this is access to financial support, whether that be business loans or private equity backing. Far too many inspirational companies never reach their full potential due to a lack of access to finance to help them grow, hire and invest in the future.

"On Wednesday, the Chancellor has the opportunity to showcase his pro-business credentials to the nation. Doing so will provide underline the government's commitment to backing a new generation of entrepreneurs and help turbo-charge the economy."

Okay, okay. Thanks, Mickey! 'Er ... Mikey, surely, boss?’ What?! No, Voice. He likes to be called Mickey. I’m Mikey.

Well, the Bank of England has made an emergency interest rate cut, from 0.75 percent to 0.25 percent. That should help. However, it's not all about business and money, you dig? I mean, the present situation, man. It's a health issue. And, financially ... a lot of ordinary people will be struggling to survive, not just business owners.

Obviously, I understand that it's Michael's - sorry, Mickey's - job to be concerned with the business situation. I'm just saying, that's all.

...

Listen! I was in Argos last week. Some woman next to me started coughing like a maniac. I moved away, and then she moved closer. Maybe she thought I was moving up the queue or something. Who knows?!

The point is, I'm not sure too many people are being careful or considerate. Or maybe they don't think this coronavirus is a serious threat. They might have Trump's view of it. I don't know. But it worries me.

...

My music is a great comfort. Seriously. After lunch, I'm going to work on the lyric for my new song.

I've got the chorus lyric already. I need three verses now.

It's a simple tune. Only three chords. It's strangely powerful though. That's the mystery of music!

It will be my longest song - at roughly six minutes. I scrapped Going Far, which was close to six and a half.

...

Richmond? I will walk to Richmond and back once a week from now on. Nine and a half miles. No Tube!

Unless I change my mind, of course.

I'm always changing my mind!

I might go back to the David Goggins audiobook. Just three chapters, actually. The Impossible Task, Taking Souls, and Armored Mind. On a loop.

Elon Musk annoys me, even though I admire his achievements.

Tony Robbins? Forget about him!

Dan Pena is … harsh, but he speaks a lot of truth. I like him.

...

The TV is really crap, man. I need to quit TV.

It's still all about mindset. You can't avoid it.