Thursday 5 March 2020

Oh, a strengthened team!

That's what they like to see. Yes, a strengthened team. 'Do you like to see it, boss?' What? 'A strengthened team.' Er ... I can take or leave strengthened teams, to be honest with you, Voice. 'Okay.' Unless we're talking about music. Like when The Beatles brought in Eric Clapton to play guitar on While My Guitar Gently Weeps. 'Yeah.' But that was a temporary thing. Just for one song. / So, uh ... 'What are we talking about then?' Oh, Keensight Capital. It's a PR email, obviously.

Keensight Capital strengthens its team with the appointments of Arjan Hannink as Director and Lea Najmark as Analyst.

Nice one!

Keensight Capital, one of the leading private equity managers dedicated to pan-European Growth Buyout investments, announced the appointments of Arjan Hannink as Director and Lea Najmark as Analyst. Arjan brings over 10 years of experience in private equity and strategy consulting, while Lea already has a significant international experience in private equity.

Okay, okay. And we have bios with pictures. I won't be putting the pictures on this blog, of course.

Bio - Arjan joins Keensight Capital from Agilitas Private Equity in London, where he was involved in several transactions across Europe, bringing transformational growth to companies with highly defensive business models.

Arjan started his career at A.T. Kearney where he worked seven years in Paris, Amsterdam, and Brussels. He completed due-diligences for private equity clients and worked on strategic, operational and organizational issues for large and medium-sized companies in nine different countries.

Arjan, a Dutch national, holds a Bachelor of Science from Erasmus University Rotterdam, a Master of Science from Leiden University and an MBA from INSEAD.

Well, well ... he seems to be a top guy. I don't think much of his picture, but - 'What's wrong with his picture?!' Nothing, Voice. Nothing. He's just a regular guy. Good luck to him!

I think we better move on to our Lea ...

Bio - Prior to joining Keensight Capital, Lea worked as an Analyst at Ardian, where she was involved in worldwide large-cap transactions.

Lea began her career in New York as an investment analyst at Creadev USA, the evergreen investment company funded by the Mulliez family.

From France, Lea graduated from ESCP Europe and holds a Master degree in Management and Administration from Carlos III University in Madrid.

Now this is what I'm talking about! Lea is obviously, uh ... a top girl, and - 'She looks lovely, boss!' Oh, really? I haven't noticed. 'You haven't noticed?!' No. No. I mean, I'm sure she's very nice. Let me look at the picture. Yes, she's nice. 'Right.' Unfortunately, my heart belongs to Stella. 'Whatever.' Yeah. Ha!

...

Okay, okay. That's enough finance for now. I've got to write another post after lunch. It might be another finance one, or it might be a music one. I haven't decided yet.

Coronavirus? Christ. Do we even want to think about it, let alone talk about it?

Well, I'm not sure how impressed I am with the government's response to the crisis. The jury of my mind is still out. If that makes any sense. On the one hand, less than a hundred people have the virus in the UK. So maybe we shouldn't be panicking. On the other hand, this thing needs to be crushed. Why wait until we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of sick people?

I suppose there's the economic impact to worry about. I don't know. It's difficult, man. I wouldn't like to be the one making decisions about all of this.

...

Oh, I've bought Point Break for my phone. It's clever how these film and music companies get you to pay for the same product over and over again. I have Brian Eno's Apollo on vinyl, cassette, and CD. 'Why don't you download it too, boss?' Don't be ridiculous!

I'm not made of money.