Thursday 6 July 2023

Innovators invited to enter the future

'Oh, you've changed that title, boss! That wasn't it.'

So, Voice? So what?! I've got to have my fun, haven't I?

'You've got to get your kicks ... I suppose.'

Of course I have! No suppose about it.

After sixteen years, shaman and boy ...

Anyway ...

Basingstoke, UK - 29th June 2023: Juniper Research is pleased to announce that entries are now open for the Future Digital Awards for Fintech & Payments 2023.

Since 2008, the Future Digital Awards have recognised technology companies at the forefront of their respective fields: companies that deliver imaginative and innovative products or services that have the potential to disrupt their ecosystems, and provide significant benefits to consumers and the wider industry.

Fine.

'What does Nick say?'

Uh, God ...

Nick? Come on, son ...

Nick Maynard, VP of Fintech Market Research, comments on the awards: "In a period of rapid development and change, taking the time to identify the best products and services, and learn from these, is vital to sustaining innovation. As such, we expect these awards to be highly competitive, and we wish all the applicants the best of luck."

Yeah, yeah.

But it's poetry we need to hear about.

Nick, there isn't enough poetry in the world! Don't you have any poetry in your soul, son?

Nick?

No answer.

'No answer is your answer, boss.'

Yeah.

Entries close on 18th August 2023, before being assessed by Juniper Research's expert panel of analysts. The awards will be announced on 27th September 2023.

Fair enough.

ENDS
ENDS
ENDS

...

You know, writing those 1,100 conceptuals in this blog has permanently opened my brain up to the cosmos.

Words won't stop flowing.

Which is great for my poetry.

I've just got to have high standards when it comes to picking the right words from the stream.

You dig?

If I don't have any distractions tomorrow, I'm going to try to write a free verse poem that will match the "traditional" one I put in the National Poetry Competition. Then I might enter it in the competition, too.

Winning a big competition or getting one of the smaller prizes is probably the best way to get started in the poetry game.

Music? ...

Man, if I ever get settled ... you know ... in Owlman land ... I might have to make proper studio recordings of my two or three best songs. With help from other musicians. But I can't even contemplate something like that at the moment. It seems impossible.

So, poetry is my future.

I am now like Alexander when he spotted Darius on the field at Gaugamela.

'Wow!'

I'm serious.

It's the only way.

Laters.


Update: I wrote that poem this afternoon, in three hours. It has thirty-nine mostly short lines, so I'm not sure it's substantial enough to put in the competition. I'll think about it.

In the future, I'll probably save free verse for my big poems.


Another update (Friday): I've revised that poem I wrote yesterday. Maybe it's as good as the competition poem now. I replaced the rather bland title with a really cool one, and I rewrote some weak lines. / Man, I like free verse, but you do get too much freedom, so you've got to be careful.