Tuesday 8 July 2008

Beyond the credit crunch

I dream of a world beyond the credit crunch, where bankers and traders and investors can sing and dance in the streets and know that their money and shares are safe. O Big Herb, O Ganesh, O ghosts of the dead financiers, what is going on? Where is the joy and the love and the freedom we were promised?

O my children, my brothers, my sisters, fear not. The gods and ghosts have not forsaken us. They are working for us on the astral plane. Have faith. I have seen the future - the future that was promised. Big Herb will deliver. So will Ganesh. The ghosts of the dead financiers are working overtime. Soon, there will be a sign. Maybe a comet in the sky. Or a great burning in the markets. But there will be a sign.

Praise the gods, the ghosts, the angels, even the zombies. Show them that you care. O my children, I heard the owl in Lombard Street last night, hooting. Yes, it was hooting! Surely you feel better now, knowing this. There is hope. Otherwise, why would it hoot? Think about it.

Beyond the credit crunch we will live, where money burns for ever. Believe. You must believe.