Thursday 26 August 2010

Who is Mads Hultgreen?

A lot of people are asking that question these days. Gabriel Azedo is out of favour. There are some poor deluded souls who like to believe Mads Hultgreen is working at BlueGold Capital Management. Ha! They couldn't be more wrong. There are others - the visionaries - who like to believe he is working at BNP Paribas Corporate and Investment Banking. Well, it's not impossible. But wherever he works, who is he? O my child, is there a question you would like to ask?

Dear reader, have you ever heard of Jose Cogolludo? Mads Hultgreen has. Jose is a global head of sales and marketing for commodity derivatives. At least, that is what he tells people. No one believes him. Not even Mads Hultgreen believes him, and yet there is a rumour Mads will have to report to him one day. Why is life so unfair? O my child, were you going to speak just then? Is there a question you would like to ask?

If you were the head of commodity derivatives European hedge fund sales at say, oh, BNP Paribas Corporate and Investment Banking, wouldn't you lose the will to live? I'm not being funny or nothing, but come on!

O Master, you couldn't do it, that job, without a strong sense of the desert in your everyday life. You would have to feel that the desert was with you, in the office. The sand would have to be in your mouth. You would have to imagine the rays of the sun all around.

Yes, my child. I only hope Mads Hultgreen has that strong sense of the desert in his everyday life. Not that I care, particularly. O my child, who is Mads Hultgreen? Don't tell me that he was at Goldman Sachs. Don't tell me that he was at SEB Merchant Bank. Or Goldman Sachs. A man cannot be dismissed like that. 'Oh, he was at Goldman.'

O Master, I wasn't going to tell you anything of the sort.

O my child, isn't there a question you would like to ask me?