Thursday 12 February 2015

Alvento Capital? Alvaro Ventosa?

Yeah, it's another hedge fund. And it's another hedgie. That's fine. I'm not complaining. I need something to write about.

This Alvaro Ventosa character used to be the co-founder of Cygnus Asset Management, a long time ago. Now he's the founder (by himself?) of Alvento Capital Partners (who are these partners?)[.] Well, well ... life is full of surprises. I'm not blaming anyone. Sometimes, things work out this way. We are God's cosmic puppets. Alvaro doesn't have any control. I don't have any control. It doesn't matter. Trust in the Lord.

Obviously, Alvento Capital isn't trading yet. You're going to have to wait, dear reader(s), until June. Then all will become clear. Maybe. (More info? London. $200 million. Dollars in London? Why not?) If you're waiting for the demo of my songs though, there's not much I can tell you. Just be patient, yeah?

...

Well, I'm glad that's over. I'm not in the mood. / I need something else to write about. Any ideas, Voice? Voice? 'Politics, boss?' Christ. Er, well ... Ed Miliband doesn't get much right, but he was very impressive yesterday in the Commons.

I don't know what Labour are going to do if they win in May. Not a lot, probably. I mean, they don't represent who they should represent any more. However, it will be nice to see the Tories out of power again. It'll actually be good for them, you know. They'll be able to get back to selling watches or whatever out of a suitcase in Oxford Street. The glory of conservatism, eh?

...

Well, I'm glad that's over. Yes, yes. I fucking hate politics, me. / Oh, anything else? 'Lunch?' Lunch? Egg sandwich. 'Not cheese?!' No. Egg. 'Why don't you have a nice bowl of soup, Mikey?' I had soup last night, man.