Thursday 9 July 2015

The Budget?

No, no, no ... I'm not writing about the Budget. Life is too short. However, I will say that it was a load of crap, and a total con. The living wage? Is Osborne having a laugh? That ain't no living wage, man. What it is, is minimum wage with a few extra pennies. But only if you're old enough not to need the extra pennies. Well, you might need them. It all depends. I doubt YOU(!) need them, reader(s), yeah?

Young people have been hammered ... [and you can only have two now]. / How many young people voted in the election? Probably not enough. Maybe they thought Labour would get in by magic. Or maybe they thought Labour were ... The Reserve Tory Party. I don't know. Who cares? The country is a mess. The world is a mess. And things will only get worse. We're not going forward, son, daughter, we're going backwards. Sure, modern technology is very nice, but it just means we'll have robots to kill us in the future rather than have to rely on our governments to do it.

Personally, I'm keeping my eye on outer space. You know, that old Bill Hicks joke about aliens: "Abduct me!"

But they'll probably be robots. You can't win. / That just leaves God. And He ain't interested. He created the universe. He created the world. He created human beings. Then He realized His mistake and did a runner: "Nothing to do with me, guv. Honest!"

Fuck it! I'm going to the pub tomorrow ...