Thursday 30 June 2016

GAM is buying Cantab Capital for $217 million or ... $292 million

[I took another bubble bath with my pants on ...]

It all depends on whom you believe, dear reader(s). Personally, I don't believe anyone. I'm just not the trusting type, you know? 'Boss, this deal won't go through.' Oh no? Tell us why, expert. 'Because ... of all the Lego, the messing about.' Ha! Well, I'm sure Ewan Kirk and the gang have kept that quiet. 'All GAM has got to do is search on the internet.' Well, maybe GAM doesn't care, Voice. I don't know.

We are one of the world's leading independent, pure-play asset managers. We put our clients' capital to work by providing active investment solutions across a broad range of capabilities. Our core investment business is complemented by private labelling solutions, which include management company and other support services for third-party asset managers. We employ over 1,000 people in 11 countries with investment centres in London, Zurich, Hong Kong, New York, Milan and Lugano. The investment managers are supported by an extensive global distribution network.

That's GAM, that is. / Yes, notice the "play" bit. They ain't got no problem with Lego. Ewan Kirk is obviously a man after their own hearts. 'What happens to Ewan and the gang?' Oh, they're staying, as a part of GAM. But they'll probably have to do some work now, for once in their lives. 'Ha! I doubt it. That infernal computer of theirs does most of the work, surely?' Yeah, I suppose. I don't know. What do I know?! NOTHING!!!

Nothing. And that's the way I like it. Ignorance is bliss.

...

End of the week. Anything else? Music? What am I listening to? I'm having a Dead Legends of 2016 day today. 'Eh?' I'm listening to Bowie and Prince, Voice. 'Oh. Couldn't you just say that?' / Yeah, songs like Ballad of Dorothy Parker and Red Sails.

Oh, I got those Yamaha strings yesterday. I went to the Yamaha shop in Wardour Street, and they didn't even have them on display. They had to get them from the stockroom. / Hardly anyone knows about these beautiful-sounding strings. Well, it's the world's loss. I don't care. But if you're interested, dear reader(s), they're light FS50BT. I just wish they were a bit cheaper, that's all. (I've spent a small fortune on strings lately.) However, when Picasso was about to start work on a masterpiece he always got a special canvas - no expense spared!