Wednesday 24 May 2017

Who is Michael Mauboussin?

Okay, okay. / Well, he's a guy who works in finance. He's an author, too. And a professor. 'And an astronaut, boss!' No, Voice. He's not an astronaut - yet. 'Is he in training?' I wouldn't be surprised. People like our Michael seem to have limitless energy and loads of time on their hands. Me? I can just about get out of bed in the morning to write my blog posts. 'You play your guitar, boss.' Oh, I play my guitar.

So, uh ... what's this all about, dear reader(s)? Let me tell you. Mr Mauboussin was head of global financial strategies at Credit Suisse, but now he is - or is going to be, uh, July - the director of research at BlueMountain Capital Management. 'Great! / Is that better, boss, the new job?' I don't know, man. How would I know? But it's what our Michael wants, that's the important thing. He's got to live his own life, you dig? 'Yeah. I suppose. / What does Bloomberg say about him?' Well ... 'Ha! Let me guess -'

This person is connected to 0 Board Members in 0 different organizations across 0 different industries.

No, no, no. It doesn't say that, actually. I couldn't find what Bloomberg may or may not say about him. 'So there's a chance then?' I suppose there's a chance, yes. We all know Bloomberg.

Ah, here's something our Michael says about himself -

Michael is the author of The Success Equation: Untangling Skill and Luck in Business, Sports, and Investing (Harvard Business Review Press, 2012), Think Twice: Harnessing the Power of Counterintuition (Harvard Business Press, 2009) and More Than You Know: Finding Financial Wisdom in Unconventional Places-Updated and Expanded (New York: Columbia Business School Publishing, 2008). More Than You Know was named one of "The 100 Best Business Books of All Time" by 800-CEO-READ, one of the best business books by BusinessWeek (2006) and best economics book by Strategy+Business (2006). He is also co-author, with Alfred Rappaport, of Expectations Investing: Reading Stock Prices for Better Returns (Harvard Business School Press, 2001).

You see? Loads of books! Well, four. 'Impressive!' It certainly is. Not as impressive as my blog, of course, but ...

Anyway. Okay, okay. / Obviously, it goes without saying that I wish Mr Mauboussin all the best in his new job. 'It would be churlish not to wish him all the best.' I know it would! Jesus!

...

Anything else? Music, dear reader(s)? What am I listening to? Nosy, aren't you? 'Tell them, Mikey, for Christ's sake!' All right. I'm listening to Prince, his 1999 album. Are you happy now? 'They're happy, man.' Yeah. I can't imagine what it's got to do with them. However, as long as they're happy ...