Thursday 27 July 2017

Who on earth is Doc Horn?!

Yes, yes, it's a good question. I'm glad you asked me, dear reader(s). 'They didn't ask you, boss.' Well, someone asked me, Voice. I mean, a voice came to me in a dream and asked me. 'Ha! I hope you're not suggesting that it was me.' No, it wasn't you. Never mind. For those of you who are interested, and even for those of you who are not interested, Christ!, I can reveal that this Doc Horn is a guy who works in finance. 'Wow! Just like all the others, man. The thousands and thousands of others you've written about these last ten years.' Shut up! Okay, okay. He's got a job. I mean, our Doc has got a new job. 'Oh, okay.' Yeah. He was at UBS, managing something called the O'Connor hedge fund, or something. I don't know. But now ... he's at Pictet Asset Management in London as head of total return equities. 'Nice.' Yeah. And he will be keeping his beady eye on teams in Geneva, London, Tokyo, Singapore, Hong Kong - 'The whole world, boss! Very nice.' No, not quite. Just those places I mentioned, man. 'Well, that's enough to be starting with.' Of course it is! Our Doc doesn't want to knacker himself out. And I'm sure he has hobbies that he doesn't want to neglect. 'Golf.' Let's hope not. Playing the guitar would be better. But I'm not going to interfere, you know? It's his life, his funeral ... if he thinks golf is a good idea.

Well, obviously, dear reader(s), I wish Mr Horn all the best in his new job. I don't actually know too much about him. 'Golf.' Shut up! There's not a lot of information around. 'Not even Bloomberg?' Ha! What are they going to say anyway? -

This person is connected to 0 Board Members in 0 different organizations across 0 different industries.

'Ha!' Yes, I think we can do without all that. Bloomberg's sense of humour is getting a bit old, if you ask me. 'If it is humour, boss, and not just sheer incompetence.' Well ...

...

Well, anything else? Not really. It's the end of the week, and the last post. Thank God! Because I don't want to get another migraine from staring at my laptop all day.

Oh, oh ... there's a story in the Guardian about our being made up of atoms from other galaxies, beyond the Milky Way, like. Which reminds me of - 'That Woodstock song.' Not just that, Voice. I'm thinking of Stewart Lee's great Paul Nuttall routine. It's on YouTube, reader(s).

Later(s), crocodile(s).