Thursday 9 May 2019

Is anything happening? (Part two)

What do you think?!

I'll play some music then, if that's all right with you.

Always Crashing In The Same Car. David Bowie. / Yeah, tell me about it! I know this feeling so well.

Wild Horses. The Rolling Stones. / One of their three best songs. [The other two are Gimme Shelter and Sympathy For The Devil.] Actually, I'll play a few of their songs ...

I reckon the following would have been a great album (if they had spent years writing it, like me with my songs) -

Gimme Shelter
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Sympathy For The Devil
Paint It Black
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Honky Tonk Women
Let's Spend The Night Together
Wild Horses
Street Fighting Man
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Brown Sugar

Eleven songs. Forty-eight minutes. Nice!

My album might(?!) look like this -

This World Don't Mean A Thing
Lucky You
Round The Bend
What's This Life We Live?
I Want Everything
Love Me
Stella
Malibu
I'm Right Inside
Nothing
Going Far

Eleven songs. Forty-eight or forty-nine minutes. Very nice!

If I get those other world-beaters I'm after, I might replace I Want Everything with one of them and hold the rest back for a second album. / Lucky You, Round The Bend, I Want Everything, Love Me, and I'm Right Inside are three/four minute pop/rock songs and would be the highlights, the core, of most albums these days. [But not of mine, ha!] Going Far is my longest song, just shy of six and a half minutes. It's a rock ballad, not a world-beater, but a great album track, and ideal for ending the album with.

...

Okay, Okay. It's time for Eno's Apollo. Yes!

Good night! Good morning! Whatever!