Tuesday 22 October 2019

Detlef Glow strikes again!

Detlef Glow! I love this guy, whoever he is. 'He's Lipper head of EMEA research at Refinitiv, boss.' Of course he is! I knew that, Voice.

Anyway, he's got some insights for us. 'About what?!' Ha! Funds. Inflows. You know? 'Oh.' Yes. Look! -

Long-term mutual funds posted net inflows for September 2019.
The overall fund flows for mutual funds in Europe in September amounted to net inflows of €10.5 bn.
Equity funds (+€14.3 bn) were the best-selling individual asset type overall for September.
God Gave Rock And Roll To You.
Equity Global (+€11.3 bn) was the best-selling sector among long-term funds for September.
Ireland (+€31.0 bn) was the fund domicile with the highest net inflows, followed by Switzerland (+€1.6 bn) and the U.K. (+€0.7 bn).
BlackRock was the best-selling fund promoter for September overall, with net sales of €5.5 bn, ahead of Vanguard Group (+€3.3 bn) and Legal & General (+€3.1 bn).
The 10 best-selling long-term funds gathered at the share-class level amounted to net inflows of €15.0 bn for September.
CA 08/10/2019 C (+€5.0 bn) was the best-selling individual long-term fund for September.


And guess what ... 'What? Tell me, boss! Tell the readers!' Ha! Our Detlef wants to say a few words. 'Brilliant!' Right now, too. 'Great! Soul connection?' Oh, no. 'Mind connection?' Just a PR email, Voice. Look - !

Detlef Glow, Lipper Head of EMEA Research at Refinitiv, comments: "After strong outflows from equity funds in August, it appears quantitative easing by the European Central Bank (ECB) and the interest rate cut by the Federal Reserve have led European investors back to equities in September. This comes despite ongoing concerns about declining company earnings and the possible effects of a trade war between the U.S. and China. As a result, September was the seventh month during which long-term mutual funds posted net inflows this year."

And ... [drum roll] ...

ENDS - !!!

...

Right. Anything else? Music? My music?! [I'm going to stop these updates soon. Seriously!] Okay. I made some progress with my Good Times/Bad Times lyric last night. I approached it the same way I approach my conceptuals: just throw words in ... with total confidence, man, see what sticks, and then edit a lot. / I think I've developed the perfect songwriting system.* Ideally, it should all start off with a blackout or dream tune. That only needs to be five or six seconds long. Ah, seven or eight, I don't know. Just a high-quality, inspired fragment, you dig? Then you put it on a straight line. You get the whole tune and structure finished. Chords, rhythm, the works. Then you move on to the lyric. You start the lyric by just singing gibberish to the tune while playing the guitar. You get a title, and a concept, and a few lines. Then you move to the laptop and do the conceptual-style writing thing. You occasionally pick up the guitar to make sure the lines are singable. Eventually, you have a song. And it'll be a great song if the initial fragment is first-class BECAUSE(!) ... you maintain standards all the way down the line.

So, all I need to do now is speed the process up. That might not happen until I get a deal and can devote myself full-time to music. It would be nice if I could write a whole song in two days. I would only have to do that once a month, uh, twelve times a year. I'd become a legend.

You dig? 'Yes, Mikey!' Good!

Laters!


*I don't mind sharing my system because it's like the David Goggins situation. I mean, reading about Goggins and being like Goggins are two completely different things.