Sunday 6 January 2019

Paradigm shift

Oh, that's what I need! A paradigm shift! With repetition! / Yes, I discovered it on YouTube yesterday. Some guy in a video reckons that he's been reading the same motivational book for the last forty years, over and over again, like. [Remember, kook(s), I was doing that last year.] He says it caused a paradigm shift in his head - which is exactly what I need, man!

I actually have eight or nine motivational audiobooks, and they're all jumbled up in my consciousness. [The latest one is ... The Way of the SEAL, believe it or not.] I've been dipping in and out of them. I'm totally confused. I need to cut back to one book and then just stick to it. / The problem is, I only agree with 50 to 60 percent of everything I hear in these books. Should I really program myself with junk I don't want or need? No, no, no. NO!!!

That's why I've chosen the Ashlee Vance biography of Elon Musk again. It's as motivational as anything else I have, and I can agree with 90 to 95 percent of it. So, it's the perfect fit (uh, almost) for me.

Elon and I are close in age, and had a similar early life - computers, loads of books, and a few other things I won't go into. Obviously, I lost my way a bit (a lot). However, I'm back in business now!

'Yippee!'

...

Okay, okay. Let's put some Sunday afternoon music on.

Heart on My Sleeve. Gallagher & Lyle. Their Best of collection has twenty songs. Three of them are what I call bread-and-butter classics. / And that's what I've been saying, ain't it?

Maybe I'm Amazed. The last truly great song that Paul McCartney wrote.

If You Could Read My Mind. Gordon Lightfoot. Ha! I always think of Dom Joly in Trafalgar Square.

Stories of the Street. Leonard Cohen. Uh. This won't help.

Love Is Here to Stay. Frank Sinatra.

You Are Everything. Marvin Gaye and Diana Ross.

Okay, okay. Let's finish with ...

Dance Hall Days by Wang Chung. On repeat! / I don't know why I like this song so much. In theory, it's a pretty naff Eighties one-hit wonder. In practice, it's mesmerizing.

The mysteries of music, eh?

Laters!