Thursday 7 February 2019

Catalyst Funds ... ?

Who are they? What is it? Etc. Yes. I can tell you, dear reader(s). 'Tell them, boss!' Okay. Catalyst Funds is an alternative-focused mutual fund company. Look at this! -

Catalyst Funds, an alternative-focused mutual fund company, today announced the launch of the Catalyst Enhanced Income Strategy Fund (EIXIX). The Fund employs an income-focused strategy that invests in a variety of non-traditional income asset classes.

That's from their website. And, uh ... it's not today. 'It is today! We're not living in the future, man!' No, Voice. They didn't announce the launch of that new fund today. They announced it the other day. 'I see.' / Oh, a bit about the firm -

Catalyst Funds currently offers 23 distinctive funds that provide various strategies with the goal of producing income-and equity-oriented returns, while seeking to control risk and volatility. Catalyst offers these exclusive strategies through a team of in-house portfolio managers and boutique institutional investment management partners. The firm strives to provide innovative strategies to support financial advisors and their clients in meeting the investment challenges of an ever-changing global market environment.

And, uh ... no endorsement, obviously. I'm on the mystical side of things, as you know, dear reader(s). I'm sure they have lovely chakras though. 'Are you really sure, boss?' I'm absolutely convinced, son. / And, uh ... be careful! Look! -

Investing in the Fund carries certain risks. The value of the Fund may decrease in response to the activities and financial prospects of an individual security in the Fund's portfolio. The value of the Fund may decrease in response to the activities and financial prospects of an individual security in the Fund's portfolio. The Fund is a new mutual fund and ...

And ... on and on and on! You know the score. I've never invested in anything myself, kook(s). And, listen ... I think you should keep your money in a nice savings account. You dig? Or under the mattress. Don't take unnecessary risks! It's a dangerous world, my friend(s).

So, what does Jerry say?

"With interest rates on the rise, there couldn't be a more opportune time for the Catalyst Enhanced Income Strategy Fund to debut" - Jerry Szilagyi.

And that's just his personal opinion, as you can imagine 'He would say that, boss.' Of course he would! / Now, this fund ...

EIXIX invests primarily in agency and non-agency residential mortgage backed securities (RMBS) as well as other asset-backed income securities, including securities backed by aircraft, automobiles, credit card receivables, and student loans. Under normal circumstances, the Fund will invest over 25% of its assets in agency and non-agency RMBS and will diversify geographically and among the servicing institutions that service or originate these securities. The Fund's objective is current income.

Okay, okay. I'm, uh ... sure it all means something to somebody. 'Maybe our Jerry could explain further.' Ha! Yes, maybe. You never know, Voice. Anything is possible in this crazy world. / Take it away, Jerry!

"With interest rates on the rise, there couldn't be a more opportune time for the Catalyst Enhanced Income Strategy Fund to debut," says Jerry Szilagyi, CEO of Catalyst Funds. "This Fund offers investors an income-oriented strategy fuelled by alternative sources such as mortgage backed securities that can provide insulation from the impact of rising rates. Catalyst welcomes this strategy to our family of funds and is proud to offer investors another alternative income investment strategy."

Okay, okay. Never mind. It's just what I expected. I'm not upset. 'He repeated himself, boss. The opportune time thing again.' Ah, there's nothing wrong with that, man. Actually, that's the bit I enjoyed most. Well done, Jerry!

...

Right. Anything else? Not a lot, no. I've got to do the last post of the week. Maybe this afternoon. Or tonight. Or ... tomorrow?! 'Surprise them, boss!' Oh, I don't think my readers like surprises. 'What will you write about?' I have a few ideas ...

Not too many. But a few. I want my lunch first. A nice cheese sandwich.

Music? I've been thinking that if I were playing the piano again, I could have recorded my songs ages ago. Maybe I'm not a natural guitarist. However, I don't like the image of the piano-based singer/songwriter. It's okay as an occasional thing, like Lennon or McCartney. / Bryan Ferry writes all his songs on keyboards, but hardly ever plays on stage, so it looks all right. I don't know, man. I guess I'll struggle on.

Okay. Later(s), kook(s)!