Tuesday 19 February 2019

My mind can't deal with finance at the moment

I'm really not in the mood, dear reader(s). Sorry. And I haven't received any PR emails this week, yet. And I can't be bothered to go looking for news.

So, maybe tomorrow, you dig?

I'm going to write about music. I'll put some songs on in a little while.

I tell you, I just want to record my songs and get away, man. That's all. I've had enough of this life. Not just blogging. I mean, the life I live. It's beyond a joke.

...

Oh, oh ... that new tune I told you about, kook(s), early January? The one that needed a girl's name, uh, woman's name. Well, I'm going to call it Stella.

Anyway, it's going to be a great song. [Another world-beater, I reckon.] I had real trouble putting the music together, but, amazingly, the best part of the melody, the first few bars, came to me during a blackout. And I don't mean power cut. I mean, I just fell "asleep" suddenly one day for six or seven seconds, and when I regained consciousness there was this tune in my head. It's only the second "dream" tune that I've used because I discard or forget most of them.

...

Right. Let's put some music on!

Lay All Your Love on Me. ABBA. / This is my favourite song by them, although I think Dancing Queen is their best song.

Kooks. David Bowie. / He wasn't writing about you guys.

Against All Odds. Phil Collins. / Yes, I know what people say about Phil's music, but I've always liked this song.

Unfinished Sympathy. Massive Attack. / Brilliant video for this song.

Mack the Knife. Bobby Darin. / I used to think this was the greatest ever song. I still like it, but Nothing is the greatest.

Sir Duke. Stevie Wonder. / Groovy!

Layla. Eric Clapton. / Nice riff!

Another Nail in My Heart. Squeeze. / The genre of melancholic rock.

...

Okay, okay. That's enough. / I'll be doing a conceptual later, for my sins.

If I don't get GONE(!) beyond the THREE, I'll be free ... one day, you dig?

Laters!