Wednesday 6 February 2019

Past, present, or future?

Yes, this is the motivational post I promised you earlier, dear reader(s). So let's get motivated!

Obviously, we don't want to concentrate on the past. I mean, it's a disaster for most of us. We've all made mistakes or wasted time. Unless we're Elon Musk. And, uh ... he's made mistakes, actually. That diver in Thailand. And going private with Tesla. Oh, it's all best forgotten about. And our Elon has wasted a little bit of time, too, playing video games. What's the point of that?! Seriously!

But the past doesn't equal the future. Thank God! / Now, the future is a lovely place, no doubt. Why? Because when we imagine it with our warped imaginations it's always a lovely future. Only a complete lunatic would go out of his or her way to imagine a horrid future for his or her self. You dig? So don't do it!

But how reliable is the future? It's not reliable at all. That's the sad truth. The whole world might blow up tomorrow. BOOM!!! You can kiss goodbye to all your dreams and plans then, kook(s).

Okay, okay. But we're going to pray that nothing like that happens. In fact, we're going to presume that the world will not blow up tomorrow. Be positive at all times! And don't pray for nothing. Listen, if God exists - and I believe He does, maybe - He's got other things on His mind. Trust me. We're small potatoes.

Okay, okay. Uh. Where am I? Oh, I'm here, in the present. With you! Amazing! Absolutely amazing! This is the important bit!!! On my best days, I can work for fifteen hours, roughly. [Every day needs to be a best day.] That's blogging, and, well ... guitar playing. And, yes, playing the guitar is work. Hard work. You try it!

So, the present. It's what we do every day in the present that can get us out of the shit and into Malibu. [Or the paradise of your choice.] We've got to make the most of every moment. / Do you really need to watch that TV programme? Until recently, I was watching old episodes of The Sweeney and Minder that I must have seen seven or eight times before. Why?! I don't know why. Habit? Oh, maybe. However, I don't turn on the TV now until ten at night.

Change your habits. Shift your paradigm! Yes, I'm still listening to the Vance/Musk audiobook on a loop. I will never get tired of it. Never! / A good motivational audiobook is for life. You dig? Listen to the one that suits you best. Oh, and make sure that you agree with at least 90 percent of everything that is said in the book. Remember: this stuff will be embedding itself in your subconscious and changing your beliefs, your habits ... your whole life! Heaven forbid you should choose some really dodgy book and turn yourself into a basket case. Be careful!

...

So, are you ready to rock? Go on then!

Laters.