Thursday 18 April 2019

Okay, okay

Night post, dear reader(s). Music and thoughts, I suppose.

Right. I rehearsed my songs for four hours yesterday(Wednesday). After that effort, I was able to play This World Don't Mean a Thing, Malibu, and Stella perfectly. Only Nothing wasn't quite good enough. / I need to be able to play perfectly after only half an hour of practice. I don't know if that's possible. I think it should be. I remember many years ago when I was recording with professional guys, they were able to pick up the guitar cold and start playing great stuff, UNLESS(!!!) ... they did some cheeky practice before I arrived at the studio(s). Well, maybe they did. It would make sense.

...

I'm not putting Brian Eno's Apollo on yet, so ...

Cross Road Blues. Robert Johnson. / Yeah, I reckon I'll have to get myself down to the crossroads, for a meeting with the devil.

Miracle Man. Elvis Costello. / I don't listen to Elvis much these days. This song is one of my favourites by him. It was used in The Godfather Part III.

Hotel California. The Eagles. / My idea of what a world-beater is, is ... is a bit flexible, man. I mean, sometimes it's a song by me that's better than any song by anyone else ever. And sometimes, I'm in a more sensible mood ... and it's just any song that could get near the top of a greatest of all time list, like, uh, not in any order ... Hotel California, One, Nothing, Hey Jude, A Day in the Life, This World Don't Mean a Thing, Stairway to Heaven, Live Forever, Malibu, Bridge Over Troubled Water, Like a Rolling Stone, Imagine ... you get the idea, I'm sure. Yes?

America. Simon and Garfunkel.

Hazel. Bob Dylan. / I should try to write some "relaxed" songs like this. I mean, the song isn't trying to prove anything, but it's lovely. Having said that, I've got shit to prove, you dig?

Whisky in the Jar. Thin Lizzy.

Ebony and Ivory. Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder.

Okay, okay. I'll put Apollo on.

...

Well, what else, while I'm getting all spaced out?

Uh ...

To be honest with you, dear kook(s), I don't have too many non-music thoughts at the moment. It's late, I'm tired, and the world disgusts me. There's nothing in the news I want to talk about.

Do you want my advice? If it's night where you are, put Apollo on, and think of me. I'm thinking of you.

Have a nice Easter Weekend. Laters!