Sunday 28 April 2019

Reality and truth

There have been one hundred billion human beings.

Yeah, yeah. Roughly. Well, there have been one hundred and seven billion. That's what they say. Seven or eight billion humans are alive at the moment. So, basically, there are one hundred billion ghosts floating around, scaring everyone shitless.

What are we going to do about it?

Also, consider the two trillion galaxies. / All the ghosts, all the galaxies. And God is nowhere to be seen. By all accounts, He likes to keep a low profile.

This is unacceptable.

Obviously, my way of dealing with it, is to ... uh, just write this blog, and write my songs. Yeah? If anyone's got any better ideas, I would love to hear them.

...

Listen! If you're not an existentialist, dear reader(s), I don't know what you're doing. I really don't.

I mean, it's time to wake up. It's time to get a grip. It's time to devote yourself to ... only one activity. Which is why I'll be leaving this blog for music, eventually. And why I advise our Elon to fuck Tesla off and concentrate on SpaceX. It's not as if the world is worth saving, is it? And it's not as if there aren't billions of other worlds. Most of them unspoiled, I should imagine.

...

Of course, none of us are going to be saved. However, it's all about self-respect.

The universe is set up for the benefit of squares and losers.

Don't be submissive!

I suggest that you achieve something great as an act of defiance! Think of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. [Karajan, 1977]

No one wants to die with the feeling that they're the butt of some awful joke.

...

Remember: religion is a mug's game. Don't make the mistake of taking any holy book or "authority" seriously. If God doesn't come to you and tell you personally what He wants you to do with your life ... well, maybe you should please yourself.

Oh, by the way, if you're any sort of real man, or woman, the onus is on God to impress you. Not the other way round. Would you vote for a politician merely because they existed? [Ha! Some of you would.]

And political ideology? It's a piss-poor substitute for religion. Yes, it's even worse than religion.

Life is too short for bullshit.

But do what you want. I'm tired of telling people. And it's none of my business, anyway.