Monday 1 April 2019

There's summit in West Africa

I've been invited. I can't go. It's too far. It doesn't matter. I can still write about it - in my "esteemed publication". I can still write about summit.

Gathering in Lagos 23rd April to discuss Financial Inclusion.

Stakeholders and leaders in the banking industry across the West African region are set to gather in Lagos at The Future Banking Technology Summit to discuss efforts aimed at increasing financial inclusion in the sub-region by 2020.

The Future Banking Technology Summit will address over two days of panel discussions and case studies showcasing the full value chain of the region's banking and financial sector to best achieve financial inclusion and sustainable banking sector growth.


Okay, okay. I'm just wondering if this is the first event of its kind, or ...

The first of its kind event will focus on the future of digitizing banking services for Central Banks in West Africa. This is as leveraging off experiences of similar regions can aid in the adoption of best financial inclusion practices, as it is becoming incumbent on banking stakeholders to be rapid, yet savvy in incorporating disruptive mobile money platforms, automated banking systems, tailored credit facilities and crypto-currencies for this dynamic market.

Okay, okay. / What does Umar say?

Commenting on the Future Banking Tech West Africa Summit, the Chief Information Officer, Ghana Commercial Bank, Umar EL-Farouk, says, "The summit represents a platform to converse about risk, rewards, security and transparency. How are you coping as a financial services provider with the Board of Directors, with Regulators, with Cyber-security, with Technology integration, with internal Auditors and Compliance, with internal stakeholders and customers, with Market and Competition?"

Oh, I'm not coping at all, Umar. However, it doesn't matter because I'm on the mystical side of things, which these days ... is just spinning a-ROUND in conceptual posts. I don't go into the desert no more. The astral plane? It's hard to say. I mean, when I'm really DIZZY(!) out of my head and soul(?), you could argue that I'm on the plane, deep in my subconscious, like, but I try not to analyze it too much, you dig? Let's just enjoy it for what it is!

Now, what does Stanley say?

Also speaking, the Chairman of eBusiness Industry Heads Committee in Nigeria and Head of Consumer Distribution, Ecobank Nigeria, Mr. Stanley Jacob, says, "Technology in Banking & Payments has evolved significantly and Nigeria as a major actor has become the key factor to be considered in setting the pace for digital ideation, innovation and the application of enterprise payment systems to transform businesses and lifestyle".

And does he add anything?

Jacob adds that "We expect this event to provide a direction on us that can enhance our technologies and systems to facilitate a digital economy and most importantly achieve our targets on financial inclusion. I encourage experts, investors and key industry stakeholders to join this gathering of thought leaders and let's make it happen".

Well, I wouldn't describe myself as a thought leader, exactly ... uh, I can't attend anyway, man. It's too far. West Africa? West London, maybe.

...

Anything else? There is NOTHING else. Oh, I understand too well, more than I would like.

[If only more people understood.]

[I'm more fucked off than you can imagine.]

There is also SOMETHING.

I'm not seeing Elon Musk as a human being no more. To me, he is just a story in an audiobook now, material. And I'm not interested in what happens beyond that book. And combined with the Way of the Wolf audiobook, and combined with my own soul ... three things, but no TV, hardly any music now - by others. In my subconscious ... there is a new person, a super being, which we can call "Michael Fowke" ... but it's got no connection to any "Michael Fowke" from the first fifty years. Which doesn't mean there will be another fifty years. I'm just saying, maybe ... another twenty-five years, if I'm lucky ... with this new being, a new creature, a lovely super-monster created by a genius. / And I don't care if you're not coming with me. You were given a chance. So, stick with the normals. Good luck!



UPDATE: I'm adding Grant Cardone's The 10X Rule. I need his enthusiasm. So that's four things together. 


UPDATE: It's too confusing! I'll have to go back to just one audiobook, the Vance/Musk one. It's a real shame. I've tried to make it work, but ... I don't know. / Laters.