Thursday 28 March 2019

Fintech or something, what do I know?

Yeah, yeah. It's the last post of the week, dear kook(s). I just wanna get it done, you dig? I haven't changed my guitar strings yet, which means I won't be recording tonight. But if I change them tonight, I could record, uh ... tomorrow night. However, I rather fancy going for a walk to Richmond and back tomorrow, which would leave me knackered for the whole day, actually. So, I don't know what to do. Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse not to record ... ? 'Well ...' Yes, that's entirely possible. I mean, I do get anxiety about it. Which doesn't make sense, or, at least, it shouldn't make sense. Because late last night I played a version of This World Don't Mean a Thing, which was ... more or less perfect. 'Great!' Maybe I should have recorded it. But that would have meant going through the whole palaver of setting up, with Zoom Handy, blankets over the windows, getting the "sweet spot" in the room just right, and psychological preparation as well, which, which, which ... probably does me more harm than good BECAUSE(!) ... I should just fucking play and record, man, you dig?!?! And, uh, uh, uh ... 'Fintech, boss? Or something.' Yes, yes. A PR email, Voice. Here we go ...

Avaloq, a leading fintech company and international provider of software as a service (SaaS) and business process as a service (BPaaS) solutions to banks and wealth managers, has reported strong results for 2018 driven by continued demand for the firm’s SaaS, BPaaS and on-premise solutions from new and existing clients and accelerated growth in markets such as EMEA. Overall, the firm generated full-year revenues of CHF 579 million, a year-on-year rise of 6% on an underlying basis1. Adjusted EBITDA for 2018 was CHF 90 million while the liquidity remains robust with cash on hand in excess of CHF 144 million.

Right. And here we are! Strong results. That's nice, I suppose. But I can't make any sense out of it. 'Leave sense to your readers, boss. It's all they're good for.' Okay, okay.

Listen! There's a time and place for everything under the sun. I truly believe that, dear reader(s). So, there's no need to get upset. Do you agree? 'Me?' No, them.

Listen! Maybe I should wait until Sunday night and do all four songs in one go, one night. 'Would that be possible?' It might be, man. Now that I'm performing like a professional, like. I rarely make guitar mistakes these days, and my voice is much stronger. More feeling, more power! BUT(!) ... the only problem is outside noises. Like those green parrots. 'Eh?! What fucking green parrots?!' Christ! In this part of London, Voice, we've got wild green parrots all over the place. Haven't you heard them? They used to be confined to the local park, but now they're everywhere. 'Oh.' Obviously, some bloody lunatic released a few of these parrots into the wild and they started breeding. 'Ha! It could be worse, boss.' Ha! Well, yes, yes, you're right. It could be tigers. Imagine the noise they would make. 'And they would bite.' Of course they would! Like Mike Corcell. Remember him?

Avaloq saw a significant number of successful 'go-lives' and new client wins in 2018. In particular, one of Switzerland's biggest IT projects was successfully completed when 253 separate Raiffeisen entities (246 Raiffeisen banks, six branches and the central bank) moved to one platform developed by Avaloq. The platform is available to all 11,000 employees at 900 separate Raiffeisen sites throughout Switzerland. Separately, KASIKORNBANK, Pictet Group, Deutsche Bank and Edmond de Rothschild all benefited from the successful roll-out of Avaloq's solutions last year.

Yeah, whatever.

Listen! The thing is, the clocks will change at the weekend. It will be lighter later. The parrots will be around more, until ... they return to their nests. Do parrots have nests? 'I think they sleep in holes in trees, boss.' Jesus! And are there ... enough holes to go around, with the increased population, like? 'I don't know.' That's the BIG QUESTION, man - !!! / Maybe Juerg can help us ...

Juerg Hunziker, Avaloq's Group CEO, says: "We continued our strong growth path in 2018 while successfully completing our largest digital transformation project ever, driving forward in terms of international expansion and capitalizing on innovation. One of the many things I am particularly proud of is our ability to successfully complete projects of vastly different sizes and scope, from the complete digital and processing transformation of Raiffeisen's network in Switzerland to more specific solutions for time-boxed projects at banks like KASIKORNBANK in 10 months and Intesa Sanpaolo in nine months."

Well, thanks, Juerg. Thanks for nothing! / Why do I bother?

...

Anything else? No.