Tuesday 19 March 2019

No finance today

It's just one of those days, dear reader(s), when there isn't any financial news. And there's nothing I can do about it. 'Have you actually looked for news, boss?' Er ... no, Voice. No I haven't. 'Christ! / What about PR emails?' There were a few, but I didn't like the look of them. 'Oh.' / So, kook(s), I'm afraid it's just me with my thoughts. 'And me!' Yeah, and you.

Listen! I might stop listening to the Vance/Musk audiobook. 'Why?!' I'm just worried it might be driving me insane. 'Ha! There's no need for you to worry about that, boss.' Why not? Because I've got such a strong mind, you mean? 'No. Because you went insane years ago.' Oh, thanks. Thanks for that, man.

With friends like him ...

Uh. What should we talk about? 'Music!' Oh, I'm going to stop the music updates, reader(s). I'm just rehearsing all the time, anyway. And this is a finance blog. 'Ha!'

Actually, I don't need the Vance/Musk audiobook no more. I mean, it's a part of my soul now, you dig? What I would like is an audiobook of the Dylan Jones book on Bowie. However, there isn't one - yet. I hope the publishers are working on it.

There's an audiobook for Jack Kerouac's On The Road. I've read it three times. Oh, that's a book that just makes me want to run away, with a few pounds in my pocket, and some clothes in a rucksack. 'Where would you go?' Cornwall. / I'd take my guitar with me. I wouldn't have a care in the world.

Uh.

Instead of becoming a MASSIVE rock star, maybe I would be better off living the quiet life as a songwriter in Cornwall.

But ... my destiny?

I don't know. It will be amusing - to me, anyway - to become a rock star in my fifties. Just to prove it can be done. Just to prove that ANYTHING can be done. You dig?

...

I've been thinking. My last two songs, Malibu and Stella, were written using my Straight Line - adapted from Jordan Belfort, obviously. Yes, it works! I don't want to give too much away. I'll just say to you ... micro-inspirations. That's all. 'Say more than that, boss!' All right. Looping. But that's it.

It means I can write great songs whenever I choose to, as long as there is an initial spark of high-quality inspiration. Malibu started with a chord sequence that captured my imagination. Stella started with a little melody that appeared during a brief blackout I had.

And all those dream tunes? I've only used one of them, for Lucky You. The rest weren't suitable, or I forgot them. I would like more. And I know how to get them, too. This may sound fucking crazy, but ... you've just got to put an order in. I mean, last night, before I fell asleep, I said to myself that I wanted a new tune. A few hours later, I got one! And I played it over and over in my head, and then rejected it ... while I was still sleeping. / NOW ... tell me, tell me, I'm not a total nutcase, reader(s). Please! 'Ha!' PLEASE - !!!

Ah, laters!