Tuesday 26 March 2019

One of my infamous music posts

Yeah, yeah, I know this is supposed to be a financial blog, dear reader(s), BUT(!) ... I just can't get the enthusiasm together these days, you dig? 'It's been twelve years, boss. You've already made a superhuman effort with finance. There's no harm in writing about music.' Well, thank you, Voice. Thank you for your support.

But, uh ... Brexit news? Let's get it out of the way. I think last night's vote in the House of Commons was a good sign that we're not all fucking doomed yet. Maybe we won't turn into Venezuela. 'And maybe we will.' Christ! I don't know, man. I just know that I'm running out of time, personally, like. And that's why I'm changing my guitar strings tomorrow night. And I'll try recording again from Thursday night until ... Sunday - if it takes that much time. 'Then what, if you don't get the decent recordings you need?' Then, my little invisible friend, more rehearsing. 'Oh.' Rehearsing, rehearsing, rehearsing ... for the whole of eternity!

What a life!

However, I'm not complaining, kook(s). I enjoy the struggle, you dig? Imagine if it were easy to become a world-class singer/songwriter. 'Everyone would be fucking doing it, Mikey.' Exactly, Voice!

My first album - all written now - will be my rocket ship to another life. So, maybe it is rocket science, after all.

...

Okay, okay. Let's put some tunes on!

Wild World. Cat Stevens. / This is definitely Cat's best song.

Spaceship. Kanye West. / Oh, Kanye knows what I'm talking about. Big time.

Fire and Rain. James Taylor. / I'm not listening to depressing or melancholic songs no more, but, uh ... just this once, for old times' sake. [Yes, I'm really controlling my subconscious now. Actually, I'm hardly letting anything in, except those two audiobooks.] No, no, no. I'm cutting it short. Sorry, James, mate, but you need to cheer up a bit. Life is what you make it. FFS!

Calendar Girl. Neil Sedaka. / This is more like it! Neil's pop melodies are awesome.

Show Me The Way. Peter Frampton. / This is more like it, too! Oh, Peter went to school with David Bowie.

God Gave Rock and Roll To You. Argent. / Ha! One of those songs which is pretty naff, let's be honest, but it's great and you still want to listen to it.

...

And that's it, dear listener(s), for now. I'll be writing a conceptual later, No. ... whatever! / Maybe there will be some financial news tomorrow - if I'm in the mood for it, like.

Laters!