Wednesday 20 March 2019

What would you do if you won the lottery?

Personally, I don't do it, dear reader(s), the lottery. Never have done. Listen, I don't want to win money. I want to earn it. But, you know, some people like it. Each to their own. You dig?

Following today's announcement of the EuroMillions lottery winner of £71 million deciding to go public, please see new data below detailing how 1 in 10 people in the UK would do the same by going public if they won the lottery.

Yeah, PR email. A strange one, really.

The survey of more than 2,000 adults also shows how they'd be even more likely to go public if an element of TV/media fame was involved.

Okay, okay. What is being promoted here? I have absolutely no idea.

Please let me know if you require any further information.

No, that's all right, Hayley.

10% of UK adults admit that they would 'go public' if they won £1 million or more on the lottery.

Yeah, so you've said, but ...

The study also shows that the equivalent of 1,263,210 adults in the UK would willingly give up their privacy for the chance to be in the news and on television if they won a seven-figure jackpot. Almost twice as many men (3.4%) seek the limelight compared to women (1.8%).

Okay, but, uh ...

The top five most common reasons that would encourage winners of £1m to go public include:

As long as I have control over it (12.3%)

Recognition for a large charitable donation (5.9%)

To show others that winning the jackpot can be done (5.8%)

To gain help with accounting and banking (5.6%)

To draw attention for a business that might be set up with the winnings (5.3%)

Younger generations seem to crave the limelight most with 16.4% of 18-24-year-olds that would choose to go public, compared to just 3% of over 55s.


Well, well ... / I suppose the PR firm is trying to get more people to do the lottery, and they're just using this "interesting" data to get us, er ... interested - ? I don't know. I'm still not doing the lottery.

...

Anything else? Well, I've bought the audiobook of Jordan Belfort's Way of the Wolf. I already had the paperback and eBook. So, what I'm going to do now is ... listen to this book and the Vance/Musk one at the same time. On a loop, forever. 'What?!' Yeah, yeah. God knows what will happen to my mind, but I'm past caring, man. I actually think the two books will be a very powerful combination. / Oh, by the way, kook(s), the Belfort book teaches the Straight Line system. It's not his autobiography. I don't want all that shit in my head. Do you know what I mean? 'Ha!' Yes, Voice, ha!

...

I've been thinking about our Elon's plans for Mars. He reckons tickets to live there could cost as little as a million dollars, or half a million dollars. 'Great!' It's basically going to be an upper middle class ghetto for doctors, lawyers, accountants, bankers, and certain journalists (the ones with the silver spoons). But who's going to do all the blue-collar work? Who's going to clean the toilets, cook the food, do the laundry, sweep the roads - yes, the Martian roads - empty the bins, stack the shelves, etc, etc ... ?

Never mind.

...

Right. This is the last post of the week. A bit early. I've been working hard! / So, uh ... laters! 'Bye!'